Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going back to the original topic, obviously it's up to you what colour you dye your hair. Black girls with blonde hair (dyed, weaves wigs ect) always end up looking ridiculous af. Very ratchet looking imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Here that ?
    SinsNotTragedies
    Get a life.
    SinsNotTragedies is a kind person tbh. I hate arguments.

ReputationRep:
    Light hair on dark skin looks horrendous imo, unless you're quite fair skinned (which in your pic, you're not)

Wth man , well reading that took a long time
      saraxh pm me :rolleyes:
      Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      Wth man , well reading that took a long time
      saraxh pm me :rolleyes:
      Posted from TSR Mobile
      Ok

(Original post by saraxh)
        Ok
        Dont give me that face :slap:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Zargabaath)
          Light hair on dark skin looks horrendous imo, unless you're quite fair skinned (which in your pic, you're not)
          Jackie Aina looks good with blonde hair though 🤔

(Original post by LisaNikita)
          How would it be ratchet? i have family members who are naturally blonde/brown haired. I was just born with black hair and green eyes.
          Stop chatting bags b

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by loveleest)
          Black arabs exist.
          Truuu. Why is everyone saying she isn't an Arab just because she is black?!!
          • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Anonymous)
          So you're saying Persians are white, just like how we call the English people "white".
          Means some of my extended family are basically "white". I don't understand. No ones calls Persians white (not talking about skin colour, they are very fair but you can't be called white because of skin colour). This word is confusing.
          Culturally, Persians have always tended towards more Western themes - showing a close correlation with those we have no problem describing as 'white'. Of course, this is just one factor (I've described others in my previous post). Genetics and language are other factors that link Persians to 'white people'.

I think I was referring to the other poster when mentioned that. Agree this word is too confusing. So do you call yourself "white" to others and what's their reaction? Does this mean the Persians from Iran and Afghanistan are "white", would anyone call them white?
          I do call myself white. Other people have very little experience with Persians; often when I say "I am Persian", it is met with the response "ohhh, I didn't know you were Arab, you don't look it!"

However, I have observed enough to conclude why some Persians don't say they're white. It is because sometimes they don't really associate with English people. Rather, they associate with ethnic groups that do not call themselves white - and they associate rather closely, at that. Hence, their label is socially constructed.

Now, I'm very willing to accept that this whole 'white' label as it stands today is nothing but a social construct. Ethnic minority groups in the western world like to use this word to seperate themselves from the English, and ethnic groups of the West. Although I think it is best to say 'English' to avoid confusion, a lot of people are afraid that the English will take offence at that. Hence, 'white' has become the default.

My understanding of white is based on the Caucasoid race. (I have just looked it up and confirmed that it is.) I understand that people say Caucasian does not mean white. But usage of the word white, and the specifier 'white people' is marked in reference to people historically Europid in origin. In addition to that, the legal definition of white includes Persians - such as for census reasons - in many countries.

I'm very much in favour of discussing what white is taken to mean in the modern context. It seems very capricious as a term.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by cherryred90s)
          Did she say there was anything wrong with being black?
          Then why would she seem so keen on calling herself arab and mixed race?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by sinatraa)
          You do get Black Arabs.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by l'etranger)
          You do get Black Arabs.
          She said she was ugandan.

ReputationRep:
          But the title clearly states black?

ReputationRep:
          On topic: My sister is 100% black african, and blonde suits her more than any other hair colour. You must have also seen girls around who have close cropped blonde hair - and looking awesome while wearing it.

Just make sure you get the right shade that suits your face

ReputationRep:
          She said she was ugandan.
          What ya Ghana do about it?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by TheProphetsPath)
          Truuu. Why is everyone saying she isn't an Arab just because she is black?!!
          I have no idea

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by StrawbAri)
          Jackie Aina looks good with blonde hair though 🤔

I disagree, it looks weird to me, the colours just seem to clash

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by LisaNikita)
          Hey TSR I am currently wondering if I should die my hair blonde to match my friend. However she is Albanian and I'm Arabic.
          I've asked a few of my peers and they said it would suit me especially if I die the roots?? Do you think it would be possible?
          My mum also told me "my hair should never be lighter than my skin"
          However I have died my hair brown which was lighter than my skin and I looked relatively nice...

**Also my eyes are green and they contrasted really well with the brown, would like to experiment with blonde
          And if you know any good hair dressers in the Central London area could you direct me to them??

first of all people *dye not die their hair, secondly you have really dark skin, some people can pull it off but i do not think you can

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Zargabaath)
          I disagree, it looks weird to me, the colours just seem to clash
          i agree it just does not look right, maybe if she dip dyed her hair a darker shade of blonde it would look okay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.