Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does it take to get over someone? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

We cut contact a few days ago and I'm trying to recover in a healthy way. I don't have many friends to hang out with or talk to about it or people I can go out and distract myself with. So far I've just been in bed watching TV series like I normally do. I don't want a rebound either although its very tempting. We had a "thing" going for a couple of months and although it wasn't very long, it was kind of intense especially since I'm the kind to get attached very easily. How long until the pain and hurt of it all goes away???

please dont quote

ReputationRep:
    Couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's different for everyone. The only thing you can do is try and keep your mind occupied as best you can and just go with it. Hope you feel better soon!

ReputationRep:
    As they say only time will tell. Everyone has their own way of coping so if it takes you longer then so be it. It shall be well in the end

ReputationRep:
    Everybody is different.
    I was with the guy I was first in love with for about four years. From enforcing no contact at all, it took two years.
    Feel better soon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Everybody is different.
    I was with the guy I was first in love with for about four years. From enforcing no contact at all, it took two years.
    Feel better soon x
    weak.

ReputationRep:
    sigh

ReputationRep:
    Several months for me usually

ReputationRep:
    Depends how in love you were.

If you weren't even in to the girl that much you don't need to get over it

if you were deeply in love then you could possibly never get over it? lol

It's a sliding scale.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think it just depends on you. Some people move on easily as they never get that attached so it's easier. And others get attached quite a bit so it takes longer and is harder specially if the feeling is strong. You don't need to go out to be able to move on or distract yourself just do thinks you enjoy even at home. Cutting contact is a good idea tho because then if you don't know what he's doin you won't be thinking about him. Hope you can move on soon x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.