What social class are you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am from a middle class family.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Working class

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Middle class with upper middle class influence (but not money).

ReputationRep:
    Working class (gave up my job last year though. I'm not cut out for this )

ReputationRep:
    Born a member of the feral, tracksuit wearing underclass. Although uni students are probably middle class by default so we'll say that.

ReputationRep:
    Family: Middle Middle Class.
    Me: Middle Middle Class.

ReputationRep:
    Lower middle, the most reviled of all. Oh dear. A crazy paving patio. Gas-powered barbecue, it's changed our lives really. Sunday Express supplement on the nest of tables in a lounge with a coal effect gas fire. Magnolia anaglypta. Focus Estate and mum's Fiesta on the drive. Bottles of Cava. Loft conversions. Tickets for Starlight. He'll want a sticky bun at Reading Services. Dreams of a double garage. Snubbing Spain for the Algarve, well it's nice to be different. Lunches at the Carvery: a salad cart with four kinds of dressing. Orange squash and a viscount biscuit. You must see the avocado en suite we've had put in the master.

There was a time when I was silly enough to find all of this only mortifying. What a snotty ****.

ReputationRep:
    Upper middle class.

ReputationRep:
    Uh...upper-ish

ReputationRep:
    Upper ish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Upper.

ReputationRep:
    Question do you all you uppers up there go to private schools?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Uh...upper-ish
    What do you consider "upper-ish"?

(Original post by 27FT)
    Well, private education is an important aspect to determine if someone is upper or upper middle class, although it may not be a sine qua non condition.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Tory elite.

Spoiler:
    Show

Jk, Middle class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    What do you consider "upper-ish"?

Well, private education is an important aspect to determinate if someone is upper or upper middle class, although it may not be a sine qua non condition.
    hmm. Well my father has a pretty good job but I go to a state school so I'm probably just middle class

ReputationRep:
    I really have no idea what I'd class myself as tbh.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't know but middle I'm guessing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Lower middle, the most reviled of all. Oh dear. A crazy paving patio. Gas-powered barbecue, it's changed our lives really. Sunday Express supplement on the nest of tables in a lounge with a coal effect gas fire. Magnolia anaglypta. Focus Estate and mum's Fiesta on the drive. Bottles of Cava. Loft conversions. Tickets for Starlight. He'll want a sticky bun at Reading Services. Dreams of a double garage. Snubbing Spain for the Algarve, well it's nice to be different. Lunches at the Carvery: a salad cart with four kinds of dressing. Orange squash and a viscount biscuit. You must see the avocado en suite we've had put in the master.
    There was a time when I was silly enough to find all of this only mortifying. What a snotty ****.
    :adore:My husband's family are lower middle class. He escaped because of Kent's grammar school system, which was how he ended up at Cambridge. His accent is entirely different to that of everyone else in the family. We're living with his grandparents now while we both write up. It is an adjustment for me. They are more financially secure than my parents ever were, but their lifestyle and consumption habits suggest the opposite I'm a sociologist, so I have a field day. Of sorts. You know, you should read Bourdieu's research on the "suffering of the petit bourgeois" :love: (hope that link works :erm:)

(Original post by 27FT)
    Aimed at people in this thread or lurkers/future posters? I'm the only 'up-ish' person who posted, I think. I went to a private school for primary when we lived in South Africa. That was very different though, as mainstream education has so many more challenges than the British system does. Also I think fees were not prohibitive, and there were no cultural elements that TSRers would associate with private schools. It was religious, and conservative in the 'stand when the teacher arrives and always address them by their title' way. They used corporal punishment until I was 9. I was paddled a few times because I'm a stubborn and outspoken so and so :hmpf::hmpf: But no accents or cultural differences, or old buildings... For secondary school I taught myself via distance learning. And I did A levels in a chavvy FE college in a dodgy part of Hampshire.... couldn't afford to bus or train it to Queen Mary's in Basingstoke or Peter Symmonds in Winchester :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    I really have no idea what I'd class myself as tbh.
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Honestly don't know but middle I'm guessing
    I need to create one of those buzzfeed style tests :holmes: I can't wait for this ruddy thesis to be done so I can waste time :angel:

ReputationRep:
    i suppose im lowwr middle class. Though i was born working class

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.