Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

time gap between architecture part 1 and part 2 Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi
    so I've graduated from uni with a bachelor's degree in architecture in part1 and can't seem to find a job. I am still trying but just so in 100% clear, how long can I go before doing my part 2? in another word how long do I have to find a job? and if I don't find a job till then will I still be able to do part 2?

might be a confusing question but thanks in advance for any answers.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When you say part 2, do you mean you want to do a masters? As far as I know, most master's degrees don't require a job, unless you want to do it part time, which means you can study and work at the same time.

There's no time limit really but if you feel that you are wasting your time and you have no luck finding a job, you may want to apply for your masters now.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homayoun)
    hi
    so I've graduated from uni with a bachelor's degree in architecture in part1 and can't seem to find a job. I am still trying but just so in 100% clear, how long can I go before doing my part 2? in another word how long do I have to find a job? and if I don't find a job till then will I still be able to do part 2?

might be a confusing question but thanks in advance for any answers.
    scarlet ibis I think Scarlet Ibis may know something about architecture training.

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for your reply
    The whole course is 3 parts and masters is the part 3.
    Basically part 2 is 3 years. First year is the placement year which u have to work for at least 6 months and second and third years are full time at uni. My uni (Huddersfield ) won't let me continue if I don't have the 6months experience. As far as I know I can suspend it for a year if my work experience isn't sufficient but I don't know if that's as far as they let me go without working or if I have more time

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.