Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi
    so I've graduated from uni with a bachelor's degree in architecture in part1 and can't seem to find a job. I am still trying but just so in 100% clear, how long can I go before doing my part 2? in another word how long do I have to find a job? and if I don't find a job till then will I still be able to do part 2?

might be a confusing question but thanks in advance for any answers.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    You can still do a part 2 without any experience! But you can't do your part 3 until you have two years experience. People just prefer to sandwich one year experience between part 1 and 2 plus it makes working now, easier to work after part 2 because you'll have gained experience. How many companies have you applied to? When I was applying I think my company count reached 200 in two weeks. I hadn't a hellish time lugging my portfolio around london but gave me the freedom to choose what company I wanted to go to. Don't give up

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for your reply
    But I can't do part 2 because the placement year is a part of it. Basically part 2 is 3 years. First year is the placement year which u have to work for at least 6 months and second and third years are full time at uni. My uni (Huddersfield ) won't let me continue if I don't have the 6months experience. As far as I know I can suspend it for a year if my work experience isn't sufficient but I don't know if that's as far as they let me go without working or if I have more time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homayoun)
    Hi thanks for your reply
    But I can't do part 2 because the placement year is a part of it. Basically part 2 is 3 years. First year is the placement year which u have to work for at least 6 months and second and third years are full time at uni. My uni (Huddersfield ) won't let me continue if I don't have the 6months experience. As far as I know I can suspend it for a year if my work experience isn't sufficient but I don't know if that's as far as they let me go without working or if I have more time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Go to a different university then.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homayoun)
    Hi thanks for your reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Homayoun,

We wanted to let you know that one of our Senior Lecturers is going to contact you directly about your course query.

Best wishes,
    University of Huddersfield

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.