Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trainee Dental Nursing interview Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was asked to leave uni (Nursing, 1st year) because i failed my essay. I failed it due to my stupidity, laziness and ignorance. However, I have decided to do Dental Nursing now and have an interview coming up for 'Trainee Dental Nurse' position at a practice. I am scared because i don't know what to say if they ask me why I had to leave uni, what made me choose this Dental course instead of a Nursing course at uni again. I really want to work at this practice because it's a really good practice. I don't want to hide the fact that i used to go uni as they might find out later on:/Please help me T.T

ReputationRep:
    I would be honest and say you couldnt cope with the written work.

ReputationRep:
    I used to do BTEC in college so I am used to doing coursework. I can't really say I couldn't cope with written work in uni because Dental Nursing involves exams, coursework and ROE too.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to write essays tough? Just say you find continuous coursework fine but had difficulties with the more theoretical side with essays.

ReputationRep:
    No, We don't need to write essays. Thank you very much! Yes that's true i do find writing essays hard because of all the referencing and talking about the same topic in 3000 words is tough.

ReputationRep:
    hello,

just came across your post! i have a similar situation i stopped studying adult nursing ( I was on my second year ). I do want a career in the medical field but nursing was just way too much work, not forgetting the heavy duties and night shifts ect..... When researchd dental nursing, it had similar roles BUT to think of it the workload is not as stressful as nursing.... I have been to a couple of interviews and they have asked if I had any dental experience at all.. I told them I didn't - HOWEVER, I am familiar of being in a hospital environment, meaning I've had experience interacting with other health professionals as well as patients and families. It is more of an advantage !!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.