Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I change my uni course after applying? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied to do Midwifery at my 5 chosen universities. I have had 3 unsuccessful responses and the other two are still currently considering. Although I have been think a lot recently and have come to the conclusion that midwifery is not the suitable career for me. My other passion is primary teaching and I was wondering if there was any possibility of me still being able to apply to universities as this being my chosen course after I have already applied for midwifery. If anyone can help this would be really useful to me, also if I can apply for primary teaching can someone possible give me some tips or points when it comes to writing my personal statement for primary teaching, as I really struggled doing my personal statement for midwifery. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaseyField3434)
    Hi, I have applied to do Midwifery at my 5 chosen universities. I have had 3 unsuccessful responses and the other two are still currently considering. Although I have been think a lot recently and have come to the conclusion that midwifery is not the suitable career for me. My other passion is primary teaching and I was wondering if there was any possibility of me still being able to apply to universities as this being my chosen course after I have already applied for midwifery. If anyone can help this would be really useful to me, also if I can apply for primary teaching can someone possible give me some tips or points when it comes to writing my personal statement for primary teaching, as I really struggled doing my personal statement for midwifery. Thanks
    If you do not get all your 5 choices, or withdraw your application from those unis, then you'll be able to apply through UCAS Extra for the course you're interested in at unis that still have extra space.

Another alternative is in case that you do accept your midwifery offer, you can contact your university and ask to change course (you can do this after results day).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.