Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a qualified secondary school English teacher but have been doing some supply work. After spending a few days at a EBD/SEN/SEMH primary school, I have been offered a job there. I voiced my concerns about not having "enough" experience (although I have worked at a few other behaviour schools through supply). They explained and showed me the lesson plans that are already done for you. I thought maybe it was a casual mention but they really have pursued it after seeing how well the children have responded to me.
    I made a list of pros and cons;
    Pros:
    The smaller class size (4-7 as opposed to 30)
    Less marking
    More planning
    The extra assistance is provided
    It's full time and gives me routine
    They seem keen to want me
    Friendly and close/knit staff

Cons:
    Am I experienced enough
    Slightly less pay
    Abit of a distance to get to
    The physical and verbal abuse that comes with it. Due to me small frame it can be a bigger problem?

Overall, I am considering it but was wondering if anyone has been in this position or have any advice or experience to go off

ReputationRep:
    Anyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.