Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can friends with benefits work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and a close friend of mine were on a night out recently and ending up getting together, the same thing happened a few nights later so we've kinda decided on a friends with benefits situation as neither of us want a relationship, Can this actually work without ruining our friendship??

ReputationRep:
    as long as you dont get attached and dont catch feelings for eachother i guess they can work?

since youve said your close friends- youve got to realise what the consequences would be of the end result :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    as long as you dont get attached and dont catch feelings for eachother i guess they can work?

since youve said your close friends- youve got to realise what the consequences would be of the end result :yep:
    Yeah i think we're both worried about it ruining our friendship or one person getting feelings and the other not but it felt pretty good when we were together! I think thats the main reason we've decided to carry on!

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: Gals ain't my specialty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenshipton550)
    Yeah i think we're both worried about it ruining our friendship or one person getting feelings and the other not but it felt pretty good when we were together! I think thats the main reason we've decided to carry on!
    ahh i see- well catching feelings or falling for someone isnt in your control, you can try and stop it, but in the end it will happen.

im not trying to burst your bubble here hun, i'm trying to sugar coat it a little- ive had many friends who've been in FwB with close friends of their, some ended in relationships , some broken friendships and a few still friends... so it can really go either way...

at the end of the day, it's your choice! just do what YOU feel is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    :dontknow: Gals ain't my specialty
    Maybe you have a boys insight though??:colondollar:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    ahh i see- well catching feelings or falling for someone isnt in your control, you can try and stop it, but in the end it will happen.

im not trying to burst your bubble here hun, i'm trying to sugar coat it a little- ive had many friends who've been in FwB with close friends of their, some ended in relationships , some broken friendships and a few still friends... so it can really go either way...

at the end of the day, it's your choice! just do what YOU feel is right
    Thanks! Yeah i know it can go so many ways thats why im concerned! But then i think oh well im young and we're both enjoying it so why not?! Im not usually a person to think like that but im trying to be less uptight but its not going that great as im already overthinking haha

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps...

Imo not really. It may seem nice now,, but eventually either one of you will change perceptions and maybe want more, while the other is fixated on the arrangement you got going on right now. Totes awks

Can only end badly. Soz babes (Why have I put this Essex accent on...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenshipton550)
    Thanks! Yeah i know it can go so many ways thats why im concerned! But then i think oh well im young and we're both enjoying it so why not?! Im not usually a person to think like that but im trying to be less uptight but its not going that great as im already overthinking haha
    ahhh i see!

well if youre up for it then go for it girl! do what makes you happy

ReputationRep:
    Way too young for the ring ting.
    Now you wanna dance on a king ping. Sixty-eight plus one, that's a win-win Time to slide in like a penguin. You don't need ice, no bling bling. No hubby, no wife, just a friend ting. Live your whole life to the ending, There's no point pretending. Let's be friends, with benefits. We can chill, and Netflix.No strings, like Hendrix.Let's pimp, like Kendrick. Let's go deep into a world, that only we can see They can't touch us, they can't judge us cuz we're crazy young and free It's not me troubling you It's not you troubling me Can I trust you not to love me? Let's be FWBs.

ReputationRep:
    Only if you both strictly commit to it

sadly mainly men tend to get too attached and always want to ship it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.