Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm really worried, I take A level economics and my teacher is not good, he barely teaches us and I have to learn everything myself. I'm in year 12 and I do the edexcel spec for A level Economics, I'm scared I will fail now because I can try hard and learn everything myself however, It will not be good enough, I feel like you need a teachers support so do you guys have any advice? I really wish I took english lit or something but of course now I cannot.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Amusing Elk)
    x

ReputationRep:
    What are your current revision techniques and what are you particularly struggling with?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valdokarina)
    Hi guys, I'm really worried, I take A level economics and my teacher is not good, he barely teaches us and I have to learn everything myself. I'm in year 12 and I do the edexcel spec for A level Economics, I'm scared I will fail now because I can try hard and learn everything myself however, It will not be good enough, I feel like you need a teachers support so do you guys have any advice? I really wish I took english lit or something but of course now I cannot.
    If you haven't already, try an assortment of revision techniques that you find works best for you and use them throughout the year. Whilst it's scary when you're pretty much responsible for your grades now, just bear in mind that the best you can do is to maximise your chances of getting the grades you want. To do that, you'll need to ensure you understand the material and revise the exam technique involved.

As a starting point, have a read of the specification for your Economics course. Out of the stuff you're meant to know for the exams, which stuff do you not understand or haven't covered yet? Work on those areas first with any online material (vids like Econplusdal, sites like tutor2u or even here ) you can find, then as it gets closer to exams, try out some mocks and hone your exam technique.

If you need any help with material, you're always welcome to ask here! There's plenty of people on TSR that can help explain concepts quite clearly

ReputationRep:
    Try Khan Academy, trust me he is good!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.