The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Yes there is storage under the beds..I think the curtains will be the same as newark seeing as they are a kinda pair of halls..if they are..the curtains are a bit dodgy..kinda emerald green with a crazy red yellow pattern all over them.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Buying your bedding to match the curtains, Thats the sort of thing my mum wanted me to do. In the pictures though the curtains did look a bit bad hopefully it will look ok, Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks!
Reply 3
Ah those nasty green ones? Lol considering how much were paying them the least they can do is invest in decent curtains!

One more question, do I need to bring a little dustbin with me or is that provided in the room? xx
Reply 4
Is There An Extension Lead
Reply 5
You will get a bin but no extension leads
i honestly can't believe you're complaining about curtain colour. oh, and as a side matter, do you actually know the price of 'decent' curtains... I was appalled by the price of the ones my mum got.
Reply 7
Lewisy-boy
i honestly can't believe you're complaining about curtain colour. oh, and as a side matter, do you actually know the price of 'decent' curtains... I was appalled by the price of the ones my mum got.

Lolll yeah but the price we pay for our rooms is apalling too.
Yup, not too long ago I looked at how much I paid in first year for my room compared to how much it would cost now (reclassified as a 'private shared ensuite') or something, and the difference was catastrophic. It was still far from cheap back then.
Reply 9
Yeah its ridiculous. People sit there complaining that £90 a week is too expensive yet we're paying £150 a week!!! :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 10
It sounds alot worse when you work out how much it is per week. At least we don't have to do any cooking though :-) I'm not a very good cook :frown:.

When i did all my research of universities i'm sure this was the most expensive. Nottingham and expensive always seem to go together somehow! So really we should have the nicest curtains they can find!
Reply 11
jgosden
It sounds alot worse when you work out how much it is per week. At least we don't have to do any cooking though :-) I'm not a very good cook :frown:.

When i did all my research of universities i'm sure this was the most expensive. Nottingham and expensive always seem to go together somehow! So really we should have the nicest curtains they can find!

Damn right we should lmao
Reply 12
just wanted to know what course everyone at southwell is doing and whether they are internationals or home students.

Im doing economics and im a home student
Reply 13
Im doing Computer Science..Hopefully Comp Sci with Management though :smile:

Btw do we get a lamp in our rooms too?
Reply 14
The curtains are nasty. :p: Kind of greeny bluey and orange. The duvet matches the curtains. I bought my own duvet cover/duvet and pillows.. mainly coz I found the uni ones to be a bit lame and not too comfortable. :smile: And there were like 6 plug sockets in my room near the desk IIRC. You get a desk lamp!

Hmm, the price for halls has gone up but the mealcard value has gone down. Feel sorry for the new freshers. :p:
Reply 15
Charl
The curtains are nasty. :p: Kind of greeny bluey and orange. The duvet matches the curtains. I bought my own duvet cover/duvet and pillows.. mainly coz I found the uni ones to be a bit lame and not too comfortable. :smile: And there were like 6 plug sockets in my room near the desk IIRC. You get a desk lamp!

Hmm, the price for halls has gone up but the mealcard value has gone down. Feel sorry for the new freshers. :p:

How does the meal card system work? Do you just get a credit for lunch and once it is used it is used for example, or do you get a value on there?
Reply 16
dans
How does the meal card system work? Do you just get a credit for lunch and once it is used it is used for example, or do you get a value on there?

Hmm. I'm actually not too sure how the mealcard system worked.. as in what value we had. :redface: For breakfast, you can take cereal, toast, coffee/tea/juice or a cooked breakfast. It was 4.68 for lunch, but I think this year it's going down to 3.50 apparently? Another thing, at lunchtime for Jubilee, you can have Coke or any 'brand' drinks but at dinner, it's just coffee/water/lil cheap cartons. And yeah, once you use your mealcard round lunch time, you can't like use the leftover money to go buy a snack elsewhere. If you are on uni campus for lunch, you can use your mealcard to eat at the cafes/portland. Dinner has to be eaten at your hall, which kinda sucked if you're out on uni campus quite late.

Hope that kinda helps. :smile:
Reply 17
Thanks, that has helped. Was just a bit confused! Thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending