Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i have a driving test on Friday the 3rd. I've had a mock test with my instructor 3 times now and i keep failing for indicating as it keeps going off without me realising. How do i get this as a habit to make sure that i turn the signal off after lane changing or turning if it doesn't do it by itself. Also making sure it stays on when turning and untill i've completed my intended move. Also any tips would be nice about the test thanks

ReputationRep:
    You've just got to make a conscious effort to remember, only way really. See if you can fit in some more mocks for practice, chances are if you're getting that much closer to your test and you're still failing your mocks then it might be best to reschedule the test and save some money.

As for general test tips, just drive exactly as you've been taught. Get plenty of sleep the night before and stay hydrated on test day so your brain is fully operational (obviously make sure you pee before the test).

ReputationRep:
    That happens with me sometimes too because I sometimes don't press the indicator down hard enough so it only does the short changing lane one. I've just learnt to press it down harder so that it doesn't go off as quick, and it usually goes off by itself so not too fussed about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You've just got to make a conscious effort to remember, only way really.
    Pretty much this. Just got to force the behaviour in you and eventually it'll become habit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.