Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What does anyone think about this video? Even though he is a disgraced war criminal he makes some good points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    What does anyone think about this video? Even though he is a disgraced war criminal he makes some good points

I think he makes a very strong case with which I agree.

Call me Dave made the mistake of running a campaign based on dire negativity off the back of its success in the Scottish referendum and it backfired spectacularly.

ReputationRep:
    Let's say article 50 gets voted in who here will be glad who voted remain or leave and who regrets voting the way they did?
    I tried to get my family to vote remain because I'm currently a student and wanted to go study in a university and travel in the EU next year now i can't
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beastylki579)
    I tried to get my family to vote remain because I'm currently a student and wanted to go study in a university and travel in the EU next year now i can't
    Thanks guys
    Yes, you can.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys
    you probably still can we will not leave until two years

ReputationRep:
    To be honest they should never have asked the public such and important decision but in the same way the EU are to blame for not compromising on immigration etc which is disgraceful when you consider how much money we give them.

ReputationRep:
    you probably still can we will not leave until two years
    No i cant because apparently the first year in netherlands will be £1700 but then it'll go up to 6-12000 after a year and since we pay yearly Itd be 1700 first year but for the rest of the years itd be 9 grand then theres no point because i wouldnt have enough money sadly i cant this is why a lot of young people are against it and people need to realise one thing if we leave then France will let more immigrants into the UK through calais since we want the benefits we'll probably be part of eea which is worse

ReputationRep:
    No i cant because apparently the first year in netherlands will be £1700 but then it'll go up to 6-12000 after a year and since we pay yearly Itd be 1700 first year but for the rest of the years itd be 9 grand then theres no point because i wouldnt have enough money sadly i cant this is why a lot of young people are against it and people need to realise one thing if we leave then France will let more immigrants into the UK through calais since we want the benefits we'll probably be part of eea which is worse
    Yes you can any course that is started by uk students under eu programs before we officially leave are covered for their duration ditto for eu students

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read your last bit until after I posted about students and it's complete *******s.

First there is no chance of being in the EEA it doesn't fit with what the prime minister is saying or the public wanted when they voted.

Secondly we can return anyone we like that comes through Calais as we know their point of entry.

Try harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I voted Remain and would do so again.

ReputationRep:
    Let's say article 50 gets voted in who here will be glad who voted remain or leave and who regrets voting the way they did?
    Voted Leave to stop thousands of people and potential terrorists coming here each year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHA1875)
    Voted Leave to stop thousands of people and potential terrorists coming here each year.
    a bit over the top imo but do you mean Syrians from Germany

ReputationRep:
    This video is also interesting

ReputationRep:
    a bit over the top imo but do you mean Syrians from Germany
    Well the southern european countries opened there borders and allowed muslim people to come flowing through they will then get EU citizenship from a very lax country IE greece then live there for 3 months and get on plane to here in the UK

ReputationRep:
    Very glad I voted Leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHA1875)
    Well the southern european countries opened there borders and allowed muslim people to come flowing through they will then get EU citizenship from a very lax country IE greece then live there for 3 months and get on plane to here in the UK
    and presumably the one million who live in Germany will eventually be able too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I voted leave because the EU is undemocratic and it was made for the benefit of rich people.
    It is amazing how people manage to parrot the same UKIP/Daily Mail lines "the EU is undemocratic" and "taking our country back." The EU is has free and fair elections to its Parliament (MEPs) and officials that we elect (UK govt) represent us in the Council. How is this any less or more democratic that the purely UK system?

With regards to the "benefits of rich people line," i mean, again, if you can substantiate this is any way, that would be great. The thing is, i doubt you can.

ReputationRep:
    and presumably the one million who live in Germany will eventually be able too
    Yes of course. Can't wait until the Germans kick merkel out of power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJJ12345)
    It is amazing how people manage to parrot the same UKIP/Daily Mail lines "the EU is undemocratic" and "taking our country back." The EU is has free and fair elections to its Parliament (MEPs) and officials that we elect (UK govt) represent us in the Council. How is this any less or more democratic that the purely UK system?

With regards to the "benefits of rich people line," i mean, again, if you can substantiate this is any way, that would be great. The thing is, i doubt you can.
    I don't parrot UKIP/Daily Mail, look a my profile, I parrot Tony Benn and Bob Crow. The leaders of the real left, albeit, their both dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I don't parrot UKIP/Daily Mail, look a my profile, I parrot Tony Benn and Bob Crow. The leaders of the real left, albeit, their both dead.
    What a right pair of casket, errrrrrrrrrrrrr, I mean basket cases

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.