Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    What a right pair of casket, errrrrrrrrrrrrr, I mean basket cases
    No. They were both legends

ReputationRep:
    Voted remain, would do so again, would like to see greater integration into the EU than we had, ideally resulting in a federal Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    Like what exactly
    Markets opening up on Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Trump seems to give clues of the US too.

Hopefully the remoaners still think everything will be doom and gloom so they don't get on board the money making opportunities to come, which leaves more cash for the people who actually believe in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Voted leave, would still vote exactly the same...

ReputationRep:
    Voted leave and never regretted the decision, rep if you agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    I voted leave, thank you very much. Time for the British people to take their country back.
    That statements appears a lot. I'm most intrigued as I still don't understand it. Take your country back from what exactly? Last time I checked, we hadn't been colonised and I don't see how leaving the EU helps us take our country back? Do you mean regain sovereignty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Voted remain. Would do so again. Will move to europe when i can save enough money. Will return when we rejoin in 15 or 20 years time. Yes i see the Eu lasting that long.
    Like the optimism! Also plan to move to Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do regret it. I voted to be rebellious with no idea of the consequences.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I have no regrets about voting leave: I would make the same decision again.

ReputationRep:
    I voted remain for the economic issues that it would cause. As a part of a working class family (we earn less than 20,000 a year as my mother is too ill to work we live in a council house and my step dad is a window cleaner) though my family all voted leave believing the false promises of UKIP and for some reason believing it to be patriotic. I live in Barnsley which voted 70% leave and was rather embarrassingly featured on channel 4..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CL1998)
    I voted remain for the economic issues that it would cause. As a part of a working class family (we earn less than 20,000 a year as my mother is too ill to work we live in a council house and my step dad is a window cleaner) though my family all voted leave believing the false promises of UKIP and for some reason believing it to be patriotic. I live in Barnsley which voted 70% leave and was rather embarrassingly featured on channel 4..
    does your step dad like working as a window cleaner if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    does your step dad like working as a window cleaner if you don't mind me asking?
    Well I haven't really asked but I assume he doesn't completely hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Voted remain, although there may be no consequences to brezit, I hate the fuelling of racism, and ignorant people blaming immigration for their own misfortunes

ReputationRep:
    I would have voted leave. I detest the undemocratic way of the European Union and how they were accruing power. And as far as economics go, we had a mediocre future with the European Union as a trading block which is heading downhill, as the leader of the European commission, Jean Claude Junker, said himself, "The European Union has seen the best of its days behind it" (Paraphrased but close enough) Perhaps the one thing Trump is to the UK is a viable economic route after the European Union, better than Hillary would have been without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get to vote, but if i did, i would stay with remain

ReputationRep:
    I voted to leave because I understood very well what was unfolding
    in the 20th century we can boil down "historical moments":
    1) 1900-1920 - generally pre-boom and first world war
    2) 1920-1940 - boom, depression and nationalism in europe
    3) 1950-1970 - cold war's prime time
    4) 1970-1990 - globalisation and the prominence of the EU project; ending of the cold war
    5) 1990-2000 - democratisation of various parts of the world. a good direction. one that won't last.
    6) 2000-2015 - political correctness and terrorism - the left depart grom their liberal roots leaving the right as the new standard bearers. a beginning of emotive/rhetorical politics and what is now said to be "post-truth politics"

7) 2015-(hopefully the future) - a democratic renaissance; the EU starts to die and america rejects establishment politics

the EU moment of history just had to end - we were given the power to end the obvious stagnation of corporate european interests, globalisation of political and legal power, the alienation of the people from politicians not seen for generations, the new birth of a new kind of totalitarianism vested in post-liberal politics of self-hatred culture. the EU was a big part of that - it was the political aspects of the anti-nation movement which was part of the shame culture that really had to end. democracy and freedom of speech were beginning to roll back and leaving the EU was a declaration and a putting into place the understanding that there is now a new era that rejects this awful political landscape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Let's say article 50 gets voted in who here will be glad who voted remain or leave and who regrets voting the way they did?
    I voted leave would do it again.
    We need a clean brexit.

I like trump
    I think we should ban people like he has

ReputationRep:
    People who voted leave have strong opinions based on nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I don't parrot UKIP/Daily Mail, look a my profile, I parrot Tony Benn and Bob Crow. The leaders of the real left, albeit, their both dead.
    Great - unfortunately your heroes use the same ill-founded and unsubstantiated lines of Farage and Co.

Still, you have failed to provide any evidence for your assertions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleNerple)
    I voted to leave because I understood very well what was unfolding
    in the 20th century we can boil down "historical moments":
    1) 1900-1920 - generally pre-boom and first world war
    2) 1920-1940 - boom, depression and nationalism in europe
    3) 1950-1970 - cold war's prime time
    4) 1970-1990 - globalisation and the prominence of the EU project; ending of the cold war
    5) 1990-2000 - democratisation of various parts of the world. a good direction. one that won't last.
    6) 2000-2015 - political correctness and terrorism - the left depart grom their liberal roots leaving the right as the new standard bearers. a beginning of emotive/rhetorical politics and what is now said to be "post-truth politics"

7) 2015-(hopefully the future) - a democratic renaissance; the EU starts to die and america rejects establishment politics

the EU moment of history just had to end - we were given the power to end the obvious stagnation of corporate european interests, globalisation of political and legal power, the alienation of the people from politicians not seen for generations, the new birth of a new kind of totalitarianism vested in post-liberal politics of self-hatred culture. the EU was a big part of that - it was the political aspects of the anti-nation movement which was part of the shame culture that really had to end. democracy and freedom of speech were beginning to roll back and leaving the EU was a declaration and a putting into place the understanding that there is now a new era that rejects this awful political landscape.

I know you thought that you were being really eloquent and powerful, but this is just drivel based on nothing.

For example: "to end the obvious stagnation of corporate European interests." What does this even mean? "Stagnation" means lack of activity. So the Brexit vote means the to end the obvious lack of activity in corporate European Interests. What?! This make sense.

"The alienation of people from politicians not seen for generations." Again, what? When was this golden age when people felt highly connected to their politicians. If you are referring to ancient Greece, maybe.

I was going to try and break down the rest, but it is honestly to painful. Life is too short and you are too stupid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.