Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJJ12345)
    I know you thought that you were being really eloquent and powerful, but this is just drivel based on nothing.

For example: "to end the obvious stagnation of corporate European interests." What does this even mean? "Stagnation" means lack of activity. So the Brexit vote means the to end the obvious lack of activity in corporate European Interests. What?! This make sense.
    no, I meant that the stagnation itself was caused by corporate interests. "of" here means "derived from" - the stagnation of the EU, i.e. the tariffs and quotas of the EU, are all for the benefit of those corporate interests.

"The alienation of people from politicians not seen for generations." Again, what? When was this golden age when people felt highly connected to their politicians. If you are referring to ancient Greece, maybe.
    "generations". not "forever".

I was going to try and break down the rest, but it is honestly to painful. Life is too short and you are too stupid.
    you are very emotional for a grammar nazi.

ReputationRep:
    What do you expect to hear? Vote leavers are uneducated, hate-filled narcissists who saw a chance to put weaker people down and show some nationalistic pride. They are deeply troubled and would never admit to having made a mistake, even when the facts and indicators clearly show they did and their country is going down the drain.

I find solace in the outlook that they will have no job -or one that pays well worse than the jobs their continental peers get- when they graduate. It's just sad that this goes for everyone, even the good people who voted remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    What do you expect to hear? Vote leavers are uneducated, hate-filled narcissists who saw a chance to put weaker people down and show some nationalistic pride. They are deeply troubled and would never admit to having made a mistake, even when the facts and indicators clearly show they did and their country is going down the drain.

I find solace in the outlook that they will have no job -or one that pays well worse than the jobs their continental peers get- when they graduate. It's just sad that this goes for everyone, even the good people who voted remain.
    You're so incredibly ignorant. I think you're actually a troll, either that or you're near enough braindead.

There's no possible way to tank the UK economy after Brexit without also tanking your beloved German economy. Do you understand how trade works? No FTA agreement will destroy the EU for good. It's astonishing how you don't understand that.

ReputationRep:

Were you sucking on a lemon when you wrote this post?

ReputationRep:
    Can people stop feeding the

A - troll

Or

B - idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is the first time I have been on this site , I have read a few threads and people's opinion's and just thought I would give my opinion on Brexit and Mr Trump.
    Firstly I voted to remain, but find it very sad that people and more importantly mp's who voted remain are betraying our once great country.
    What has happened to democracy, many people on here are calling exiteers uneducated and racists. There are many far more educated people than myself or most people on here that championed exit, so just to say they are wrong is retarded.
    The majority of people want change , so democracy must be followed ALL politician"s are only in politics to line there own pockets ,so to just act like sheep and follow whatever you are told by politicians is retarded.
    If anyone doesn't agree with the democratic vote should move to Korea.
    As for people moaning about trump on here are just being sheep ,jumping on the bandwagon. Let's get our country fixed before we try and fix usa , as for the uproar over his ban on imigrant"s nobody said a word when Mr Obama banned any afghan migrants did they.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJJ12345)
    I know you thought that you were being really eloquent and powerful, but this is just drivel based on nothing.

For example: "to end the obvious stagnation of corporate European interests." What does this even mean? "Stagnation" means lack of activity. So the Brexit vote means the to end the obvious lack of activity in corporate European Interests. What?! This make sense.

"The alienation of people from politicians not seen for generations." Again, what? When was this golden age when people felt highly connected to their politicians. If you are referring to ancient Greece, maybe.

I was going to try and break down the rest, but it is honestly to painful. Life is too short and you are too stupid.
    I was about to post the same. Biggest pile of *******s I've ever read! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Leave and would do it again 100 times if need be

ReputationRep:

Leavers generally in my opinion voted leave to number the amount of immigration which the UK has, the white working class man does not agree with Freedom of movement- it is a simple as this the more people in the country the more competition for jobs, which would not be a bad thing if the majority of EU immigrants had skills to bring to the top end of the jobs market. The key issue was we was importing 330,000 most of whom were manual workers or other low skilled workers this is why a lot of people in my area of Tipton voted out because employers even though they are obliged to pay the minimum wage could drive down wages the demand for a job the better position the company is in for driving down the wage as low as they possibly can this is good for the rich but a basket case for the poorest in society. In our perspective the EU was not very good for trade limited to trading with europe free from tariffs when countries like Switzerland got what they wanted through not being in the EU. Further more Britain had a trade deficit with Germany of £3 Billion in November 2016 if Germany refused to trade with us who would end up worse off I do not believe the UK will be worse off quite the opposite a lot of Germans will lose there jobs. Also If your a German as alleged by others how are you enjoying your cultural enrichment of Germany opening the door for hundreds of thousands of refugees from Asia , Syria in particular who have raped your Women and have attacked your Citizens its not just the ones Mrs Merkel has accepted its also the ones who have infiltrated areas in southern Europe such as Greece and have used Freedom of Movement to transport refugees (maybe radicalees) is a more accurate description to transport terrorists into your country who attacked you last year (this is not all the EU's fault part of it is though)

ReputationRep:
    Nice spelling, paragraphing and punctuation there. You don't seem too far off from the intelligence and education level of your typical leave voter.

Where to start...

(Original post by ZuluArmy97)
    Leavers generally in my opinion voted leave to number the amount of immigration which the UK has, the white working class man does not agree with Freedom of movement
    Yeah, the white working class man really is a bit of a xenophobe who doesn't have much insight economic systems and looks for simple solutions...

which would not be a bad thing if the majority of EU immigrants had skills to bring to the top end of the jobs market.
    You do realise that your only successful industry (Financial Services) heavily relies on foreign talent?

Further more Britain had a trade deficit with Germany of £3 Billion in November 2016 if Germany refused to trade with us who would end up worse off I do not believe the UK will be worse off quite the opposite a lot of Germans will lose there jobs.
    The UK is not even in the top 3 of Germany's trading partners any more, and, as you said, you ave a massive trading deficit - having to import all those things with a collapsed currency - who do you think will suffer more? Don't believe what you read in the Daily Mail.

Also If your a German as alleged by others how are you enjoying your cultural enrichment of Germany opening the door for hundreds of thousands of refugees from Asia , Syria in particular who have raped your Women and have attacked your Citizens
    Enjoying it quite a lot! Helping people fleeing from war and terror is quite an enriching experience, and you get to look down on human garbage like xenophobic Brits who treat these people like if they had cholera. There isn't one confirmed case of a refugee raping a German woman - it seems traveling, drunk-as-usual Brits rape more German women than refugees! Ban Brits! (good thing you lot will soon need a visa)

Look, I wasted enough keystrokes on you already. You're just plain stupid. Don't bother to reply, I sure won't.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah, the white working class man really is a bit of a xenophobe who doesn't have much insight economic systems and looks for simple solutions...
    Someone who wants to control the amount of people that come into the country is xenophobic?

Is this seriously the logic here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleNerple)
    no, I meant that the stagnation itself was caused by corporate interests. "of" here means "derived from" - the stagnation of the EU, i.e. the tariffs and quotas of the EU, are all for the benefit of those corporate interests.

"generations". not "forever".

you are very emotional for a grammar nazi.
    Nothing to do with grammar; i didn't correct any of that. I was more taking issue with your unsubstantiated statements and (without being harsh) the lack of sense it all made.

If you can provide any evidence to back up your points, for example, "the tariffs and quotas of the EU, are all for the benefit of those corporate interests," I would genuinely be interested in what you have to say. The removal of internal quotas and trade barriers has allowed the exchange of goods and services unhindered across borders, benefiting small and large businesses alike. This, whether you like it or not, creates wealth and growth across the economy supporting the provision of public services that you and I both benefit from. External tariffs play an important role in protecting EU economies from aggressive competition, for example the "dumping" of steel by China.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Someone who wants to control the amount of people that come into the country is xenophobic?

Yes. Even when a sincerely expressed concern, the concept of limiting immigration is xenophobic.

In most cases though it is just a poor cover-up for proper, unqualified, disgusting xenophobia and racism. Good thing there's Nigel to tell the mouth-breathers what to say so they don't seem quite as repulsive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)

Don't get into it with him. He is a crazed EU fanaticist(actually in his case German neo-imperialist) full of fake, hypocritical, deluded sanctimony.

There is not a grain of logic or honesty in his arguments. He's sour because he knows the EU is doomed, which doesn't suit German interests.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Even when a sincerely expressed concern, the concept of limiting immigration is xenophobic.

In most cases though it is just a poor cover-up for proper, unqualified, disgusting xenophobia and racism. Good thing there's Nigel to tell the mouth-breathers what to say so they don't seem quite as repulsive!
    I disagree with the first statement in theory. In practice however citizens of the country are never subjected to any scrutiny about their value to society, let alone the level immigrants are, which does make it .

ReputationRep:
    Remarkable how much utter nonsense you can read in one thread.

After committing one of the greatest political, social and economical blunders in decades, after seeing their savings lost, their currency stagnate and drop, their social unrest rise, their country as divided as ever, the British population is patting themselves on the back as if they've done something laudable. It really would be a supremely entertaining piece of comedy if it wasn't so damn tragic for all the people involved.

You've allowed your country to be ruined by xenophobia, racism and prejudice. Mind you, this was done against people who have seen your people as a dream land, who could have invariably improved it. So now, instead of this dream, they'll just have their dream in Germany, who has already left the UK in its dust in every relevant social, economical and political aspect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Don't get into it with him. He is a crazed EU fanaticist(actually in his case German neo-imperialist) full of fake, hypocritical, deluded sanctimony.

There is not a grain of logic or honesty in his arguments. He's sour because he knows the EU is doomed, which doesn't suit German interests.

Bitter much about the many times I destroyed your nationalistic, populist, economically ignorant ********?

Bugs me that imbeciles like you will get to profit from the new cap on roaming charges which the EU just pushed through, saving Europeans tens of millions a year. The EU really is nothing but an out-of-control bureaucratic monster hurting its citizens! :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:

Bitter much about the many times I destroyed your nationalistic, populist, economically ignorant ********?

Bugs me that imbeciles like you will get to profit from the new cap on roaming charges which the EU just pushed through, saving Europeans tens of millions a year. The EU really is nothing but an out-of-control bureaucratic monster hurting its citizens! :bigsmile:
    You don't disprove anything.

You come in, spout unsubstantiated rubbish, throw in some labels and hit post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad

Your logic is appalling.

There is a difference between controlling immigration and limiting immigration...
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)

Yup. I just realised.

He doesn't know the difference between controlling and limiting immigration.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.