Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here voted remain and who leave? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If I could've voted, I would've voted remain. My parents did, and my grandparents also voted remain I thoroughly regret the decision that the country has taken, and I wish both sides weren't so ill-informed prior to the vote. There was so much propaganda and false claims during this time

ReputationRep:
    I voted Leave and would do it again.

It is a Remain myth that a second referendum would overturn the first. Opinion has turned against them according to all the polls.

the more they stamp their tiny feet and attempt to overturn democracy, the more their support collapses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManiaMuse)
    Voted leave. I want my country back.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGKrxRZ10Uo

ReputationRep:
    I voted remain, now i'm 50/50 and not against leave

ReputationRep:
    Begrudgingly voted to remain, not particularly triggered over leaving though. I hope it does benefit the country in the way it was sold to people

ReputationRep:
    Voted remain
    Do not regret it
    Really hope the government doesn't **** it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaitlincup1)
    u selfish pigs have ruined OUR future. the younger genrations. we could end up without a job cuz your so darn selfish. tell me who will suffer when £9m goes to waste. especially now trump's in power. huh? ur pathethic. go back to ur home country.
    I don't support the racism, but the following video is an accurate representation of how you're behaving.

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I voted Remain, and yeah I stick by it.

ReputationRep:
    the people of the UK wanted it [Brexit] hard, so they better lube up!

ReputationRep:
    I voted remain and I don't regret my decision even though the result wasn't in my favour.

ReputationRep:
    Voted to remain, absolutely would do so again
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't vote but persuaded others to vote leave. Beginning to have doubts tbh but we'll see how it pans out.

ReputationRep:
    Voted leave and despite Theresa May's shakey start with Brexit, I certainly wouldn't change my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Remain because I'd trust the lot in Brussels with far less of a political agenda towards this country. You can count on them to be fair compared to our own.

We'd still be subject to a lot of their regulations and most legislation (hopefully, and for the best) shouldn't change even if we do leave. I don't see any point other than giving our own politicians more power over the people (bad idea), distancing ourselves politically from Europe (bad idea) and plunging the country into uncertainty until the fiasco is sorted (bad idea). We've just decided to leave euratom too. Scientists and researchers aren't happy, treaties are in jeopardy and it'll take ages to strike new agreements. But who cares right? since we've got our country back now no more nuclear eu regulations :rolleyes:

I'd still vote remain.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Through most of my politically aware life i was a complete Europhile but as the referendum drew closer i became less convinced of the need to stay and 6-12 months before the vote i made the decision to vote Leave. My view that our economic success or failure was not defined by our EU membership was further affirmed by the treasury, IMF ect.. during the campaign who's own research showed that long run growth is forecast to be little affected. The final straw that pushed me over the edge was probably the European approach to the refugee crisis, what Merkel did was disgusting and what they have tried to do to eastern Europe (force them to accept a quota is even more revolting).

I primarily voted Leave because the economy became neutral to me (we will succeed or fail regardless of whether we are In or Out) and that allowed the argument for sovereignty to outweigh any concerns (polls post-referendum indicate that i was the norm - sovereignty was more important to Leave voters than immigration albeit that was second in polling).

So far the economic picture is mixed but more positive than the median estimates of bodies like the treasury and IMF and bar immigration i broadly agree with what May wants from negotiations. I do not regret my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Better do or I hope Trump ****s Britain in the ass for not respecting Democracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaitlincup1)
    u selfish pigs have ruined OUR future. the younger genrations. we could end up without a job cuz your so darn selfish. tell me who will suffer when £9m goes to waste. especially now trump's in power. huh? ur pathethic. go back to ur home country.
    How can I put this? ........ You're much more likely to have no job because you can't construct a sentence properly. If your CV landed on my desk written to the standard of your post above it would go straight in the shredder. I'm not even sure I would want to waste my time walking over to it tbph but I would want to respect your privacy and not put it in the general waste. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Voted remain and I still think leaving the EU is a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just put a poll up and you cna have all those options. make it public and then you can see. Are you allergic to polls, especially when they are a superior way of answering your question?
    a poll would be useless as it would just be fifty fifty and wouldn't tell me anything I wanted peoples' views

ReputationRep:
    Voted leave I fully stand by this. I also would have voted for Trump if I could have but I am not a US citizen so I could not. Heck I would have gone to all his rallies and I would have have campaigned for him to.

I am still very concerned for the future but looking like we have some hope now.

If there was a vote again and I could vote on both I would strongly vote leave and strongly vote Trump.

I just wish we could get a Trump over here I mean Theresa is doing alright I can definitely support her but I would prefer a UK Trump. I guess good ol Farage would do but lets be real he isn't getting in. Hopefully UK ambassador to the America that would be good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.