Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will update this weekly rather than after every session. Since the last update my most notable sets included:

Front Squat:
    70kg x4
    75kg x2

Hang Snatch:
    30kg

Backsquat: (somewhat deloaded)
    60kg 5x5
    60kg x10 (still recovering from this lol)

Clean pull:
    70kg x3

Snatch high pull:
    40kg x3 from the floor

Deadlift:
    110kg x2

Snatch balance:
    50kg
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    In

Update every session bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In, nice to see a WL routine

(IF YOU'RE ONLINE CLARENCE IS LIVE STREAMING)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)

You can't see much though and the comments are just actual aids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    You can't see much though and the comments are just actual aids
    Yeah it's coz of his high rest times and the comments are just awful. I didn't realise the majority of his following were 14yo retards.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's coz of his high rest times and the comments are just awful. I didn't realise the majority of his following were 14yo retards.
    It's cool he's trying with the whole 'live' thing but it's most certainly a fail today

ReputationRep:

I was watching, such a shame about the comments though

ReputationRep:
    It's cool he's trying with the whole 'live' thing but it's most certainly a fail today
    It was interesting to see but tbh I prefer his normal videos, mostly because during the live sessions most of it is just rest intervals. But then again even those can be interesting I guess
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    It was interesting to see but tbh I prefer his normal videos, mostly because during the live sessions most of it is just rest intervals. But then again even those can be interesting I guess
    Agreed. How long were his rest periods? Haha

Comments were going so fast he could barely read any

ReputationRep:

He typically rests 10-15 minutes for working sets.

I was watching, such a shame about the comments though
    Yeah, although one comment was like Eoin or however you spell his name is Clarence's Ron Weasley and that had me rolling :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Long enough for me to fall asleep (literally) during one of them loool. Woke up and the thing was over.

I think this workout was just backsquats however (at least at the point I started watching) so it was all really just the same thing. I probably would have stayed awake if it was clean & jerk/snatch haha

Regarding comments, there was a lot of potential for a kind of Q&A thing to be going on during the rest periods if people were asking intelligent questions, rather than "NEXT SET TAKE OFF UR PANTS PLS"

ReputationRep:
    19/02/2017

Nice session, felt good going in and out.

Backsquat:

40kg x5
    60kg x5
    70kg x5
    80kg x5
    90kg x1 (big PR, haven't attempted this since almost exactly a year ago just before my injury)
    60kg x5, paused
    60kg x6, paused

Clean and Jerk:

40kg x3 (1 clean, 3 jerks)
    50kg x3
    55kg x2 (only made the jerk on the second attempt)

Snatch pull:

40kg x5, 6 sets

Hanging leg raises, 5x10-12

ReputationRep:
    Note to self: ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE (ACTUAL) OLYMPIC BAR TO FRONT SQUAT WITH!!!

Used a normal bar (which are normally okay for backsquats and deadlifts) today because the real olympic bars were all in use and I was pressed for time; it might sound like I'm being really pedantic but... I swear my front rack position for the front squat was screwed up, which led to what felt like my hips shooting up more than usual. If the far falls forward a bit usually it will just roll down my fingers a tiny bit (one might come "off the bar") but will stay on my shoulders and allowing my elbows to stay up and my entire posterior chain to remain somewhat upright - this wasn't the case here. I completed the rep (2nd on 70kg so pretty close to my max) but I felt some tightness in my right hip - deloaded to 55kg thinking it wasn't anything too bad but stopped after 2x3.

Feeling stiff af but there's no lingering pain. Worst thing is that I know exactly what this is as I did it to my left hip last year and that literally took the entire year to sort itself out (albeit that time it was far worse and I definitely made it worse due to lack of rest). But in fear of history repeating itself, I'm deciding to take the next few days (at the very least) completely off.

Just treating with hot water bottle today, might begin some foam rolling/cricket ball rolling tomorrow with more hot water bottle action. Should be okay by Thursday or Friday but I don't plan to go back to training until next Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    After a couple days of rest my right hip is pretty much back to normal. My left one however, seems to act up if I don't "use" it (I've noticed this over the past few months). The session went to plan, and I managed a clean PR which was unexpected...

So at least I know now that my methods for treating muscle strains/pulls are effective...

Backsquat:

70kg 5x5 - felt easy

Clean and Jerk:

50kg x2
    55kg x1
    60kg clean PR, pressed out jerk (so doesn't count)
    60kg clean, missed jerk attempt

Accessories: BW dips, Lat pull down, lateral raises, leg raises.

• TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Whats up with your hip?

ReputationRep:
    X
    How come the jerk doesn't count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Whats up with your hip?
    Pulled a muscle on the right side on Tuesday during a front squat. Was pretty minor but it felt pretty stiff for a day or so.

The left side has been acting up for almost a year now (pulled a muscle quite badly on a deadlift attempt but didn't let it heal/rest, stupidly)

ReputationRep:
    How come the jerk doesn't count?
    You're not allowed to press the bar up i.e. the elbows need to be locked out straight away once you get under the bar. In my attempt I got the bar overhead but my left elbow was bent so I pressed it out

The rule book for competitions is strict about this, it caused a lot of controversy at the Men's 105kg+ Rio 2016:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHLZXNc3jVc

If you go to around 5:30, what appears to be a good lift was overruled by the jury due to a "press out". This subsequently caused the lifter to bomb out as he missed his next and final attempt and did not record a total, even though he had broken the snatch world record prior.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Pulled a muscle on the right side on Tuesday during a front squat. Was pretty minor but it felt pretty stiff for a day or so.

The left side has been acting up for almost a year now (pulled a muscle quite badly on a deadlift attempt but didn't let it heal/rest, stupidly)
    What does your left hip do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    What does your left hip do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So between Feb and October 2016 there was a lingering chronic pain alongside a sharp pain that would be triggered whenever I picked any kind of weight off the floor. Basically it hurt a lot

It took a massive toll on my training and I still feel the effects now, i.e. I can't even touch my toes (even with my extremely long arms and after stretching). But for the most part the chronic pain is gone and I'm back to deadlifting and doing everything else with occasional discomfort after some sessions.

I have to do a lot stretching, foam rolling and myofascial release using a cricket ball to keep it at bay.

What's up with yours?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.