Front Squat:
    60kg x3
    70kg x3
    80kg x1
    85kg x1 (PR)
    60kg 3x1 paused

Medley of snatch balances and squat jerks:
    55kg snatch balance (PR)
    55kg squat jerk, few missed attempts at 60kg, one of which threw me back onto the floor for the entire gym to see. This was followed by a guy coming up to me and saying "woah are you a powerlifter?" LOOOOOL. Defo a technique thing here though, I'm sure I've got more in me as both 55kg in the snatch and jerk overhead squats felt easy, and also made them in only 1 attempt.

Also getting way more confident in dropping the bar back onto my back or front rack position, this will save lots of time and energy in the future as I won't need to deload the bar just to get it back onto the rack. I feel like a real weightlifter lol

No accessories, had to go to a lecture.

What it looks like in my head

ReputationRep:
    What it actually looks like

ReputationRep:
    26/04/2017

Back Squat:
    75kg 2x5
    77kg 3x5
    60kg x5 long pause

Was initially going to only do 75kg 5x5 as I haven't had a decent night's sleep since I got back to halls. However it felt easier than I was expecting so I went up 2kg. Probably would have been able to do 77kg 5x5 anyway. Not sure how much longer I can do 5kg jumps but might as well try for as long as I can.

Front rack hold:
    100kg 8 seconds
    120kg 3x6 seconds

Should probably wear a belt for these

Snatch highpull (from floor):
    40kg 3x3
    50kg 3x2, 1x5

Started out with a wide grip to get it onto my hip but even then it was only just reaching. Switched back to a narrower grip to get the bar at the top of my thigh and it flew up. Will have to discuss this with some weightlifting gurus (aka reddit and the guy who runs the WL soc)

Accessories: lat pulldowns (close/wide), 3x8 BW dips, bicep curls

ReputationRep:
    27/04/2017

Again felt like crap when I woke up but still walked to the gym thinking "rah imagine if I could Deadlift 140kg today that would be sick" but never actually thought I would.

Clean pull:
    60kg 2x3
    70kg 2x3
    80kg x3
    90kg x3
    100kg x1 with 2/3 shrugs

Deadlift:
    120kg x1
    130kg x1
    140kg x1 (PR)

This was significant because I haven't PR'd in DL since like October 2015 due to injuries, so I've had a bit of a rivalry with 140kg. Bit of a faulty set up though, I usually take a narrower stance for DL but I kept the same one that I use for clean pulls. Also I didn't mean to drop the bar my grip failed lol.

ReputationRep:
    29/04/2017

I knew I'd lose my bench gains as soon as I'd have to do it in the power rack again ffs.

Bench:
    50kg x6
    60kg x4
    60kg x3
    50kg x12 (PR)

Not sure whats going on here, it was only a week ago when I got 60kg 5x5... Maybe cos I have to do about 1/4 of a rep just to get it off the rack I dunno. Or as one of my friends uses as an excuse "calibrated plates"

Push press:
    40kg x5
    45kg x5
    50kg x3
    55kg x1
    50kg x5

This felt really weird today. I did fail the first and last reps in a set of 3 at 55kg but the rep that did go up had no problems which means it has to be a technique issue. Because when it goes up it 100% will go all the way, otherwise it won't go up at all, there is no in between.

Accessories: tricep pushdowns, dumbell, EZ curls, GHD

ReputationRep:
    30/04/2017

Back Squat:
    70kg x3
    80kg x3
    90kg x3 (+ 2 rep PR, failed on 4th)

Can probably attribute failure to 2 things - 1) 5kg jumps are now to big 2) heavy deadlifts from Thursday

C&J
    Worked up to 60kg then made 65kg and 70kg cleans (+10kg PR). Will attempt 65kg C&J on Wednesday

Accessories: GHD, lat pulldown

ReputationRep:
    02/05/2017

Front Squat:
    60kg x3
    70kg x3
    80kg x1
    85kg x1

Wanted to do 80kg x3 but it felt heavy af. I think I need to spend a couple of weeks with lower weight/higher volume because my front squat form is terrible. Pretty sure I'd end up on some gym fail segment if someone recorded that single at 85kg

Snatch Balance:
    40kg x2
    45kg x2
    50kg x1
    55kg 3 fails

Ngl even 40kg felt dodgy today

ReputationRep:
    03/05/2017

Snatch complex - 2 power snatches + 1 full
    25kg 3 sets
    30kg 3 sets

Full snatch:
    35kg 3 singles (I think)
    40kg x1
    45kg x1 (PR)
    50kg x1 (PR)

*made 50kg on 4th attempt. Gazed upon the poster of Lu Xiaojun on the opposite side of the room and embodied his spirit. In that bottom position I was not Taj, I was Lu.

Clean and Jerk:
    50kg 3 singles
    55kg 2 singles
    60kg x1
    65kg x1 (PR)
    70kg x1 (PR)

So I've achieved my goals that I set for the end of this academic term. I might have peaked a little early but I'll deload for 2 weeks and then re-peak and see if I can add an extra 5-10kg to my total before exams. Will properly deload after exams as I won't be doing much lifting at all between June and July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    So I've achieved my goals that I set for the end of this academic term. I might have peaked a little early but I'll deload for 2 weeks and then re-peak and see if I can add an extra 5-10kg to my total before exams. Will properly deload after exams as I won't be doing much lifting at all between June and July.
    But it's the best time to lift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    But it's the best time to lift
    I know but it will be ruza lol. I meant to say I won't be doing much meaningful lifting, probs just gunna do high volume on the PL lifts at 60-70% then work back up during July

ReputationRep:
    nice PBs

ReputationRep:
    I know but it will be ruza lol. I meant to say I won't be doing much meaningful lifting, probs just gunna do high volume on the PL lifts at 60-70% then work back up during July
    Oooooh yeah lol, try IF, your lifts shouldn't be affected, training just before iftaar works best for my cousin and a lot of the Muslim guys who are very serious about lifting. Lifting after iftaar you just feel groggy and it's packed with the 'new ramadan, new me' gym bros :p:

Like going off on a tangent, if you never train, why would you suddenly think Ramadan is the best time to start lifting? IT'S NOT. Grrrr, really grinds my gears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    Oooooh yeah lol, try IF, your lifts shouldn't be affected, training just before iftaar works best for my cousin and a lot of the Muslim guys who are very serious about lifting. Lifting after iftaar you just feel groggy and it's packed with the 'new ramadan, new me' gym bros :p:

Like going off on a tangent, if you never train, why would you suddenly think Ramadan is the best time to start lifting? IT'S NOT. Grrrr, really grinds my gears.
    Yeahh thats what I usually do actually although this year will be different because I actually have some measurable strength and size that I could potentially lose if I go full retard (I'm planning to cut too). Luckily I've never had the misfortune of going to the gym after iftaar lol cos mine closes at 10 back home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UchihaMadara)
    nice PBs
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    04/05/2017

Back Squat:
    77.5kg 5x5

Clean pull with shrugs:
    70kg x3
    80kg x3
    90kg x3
    100kg x3

Accessories: BW dips, lat pulldown

ReputationRep:
    06/05/2017

Bench:
    50kg x5
    55kg x5
    57kg x5
    60kg x5
    40kg x10 CG

Push press:
    40kg x5
    50kg 3x3

Accessories: variety of curls, tricep extensions, GHD

ReputationRep:
    07/05/2017

Back Squat:
    70kg x5
    80kg x3 2 sets
    90kg x5 (+2 rep PR)
    100kg x1 (+7.5kg PR)

Clean and Jerk:
    50kg 1 clean 2 jerks, 3 sets
    55kg 1 clean 2 jerks, 1 set
    60kg 3 singles

Snatch Highpull:
    40kg x5
    45kg x5
    50kg x3
    55kg x3
    60kg x3
    60kg x3

MORE UPRIGHT AT TRIPLE EXTENSION - LOOK FORWARD NOT UP
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    07/05/2017

Back Squat:
    70kg x5
    80kg x3 2 sets
    90kg x5 (+2 rep PR)
    100kg x1 (+7.5kg PR)

Clean and Jerk:
    50kg 1 clean 2 jerks, 3 sets
    55kg 1 clean 2 jerks, 1 set
    60kg 3 singles

Snatch Highpull:
    40kg x5
    45kg x5
    50kg x3
    55kg x3
    60kg x3
    60kg x3
    2 plate clubbbb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    2 plate clubbbb
    das it

3pl8 soon

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.