Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

London Stock Exchange Group(LSEG) Business Graduate Programme Telephone Interview Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a telephone interview for the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) Business Graduate Programme 2017 on Monday the 6th of February next week.

I would like to ask anyone who has had their telephone interview for this graduate programme or any graduate programme at the LSEG the following questions

What questions were you asked?

Were all the questions strength/competency/motivation questions?

Were there any technical questions?

I would also like to ask what advice do you have on how to best prepare for the interview?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I hope you did well. Can I ask you the same questions? I have mine in 2 days

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StefaniaC)
    Hey, I hope you did well. Can I ask you the same questions? I have mine in 2 days

Thanks
    Hi I didn't do the interview in the end because my U.K. Student visa expired and they had to withdraw my application since they were no longer able to sponsor me.

Sorry that I couldn't be of any help

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I hope your interview went well. Can I ask you what questions they asked? I have mine tomorrow and I am freaking out.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i have mine this monday, any tips ?

ReputationRep:
    got cut

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I was curious as to what the typical wait time between completing the online tests and getting rejected/invited to take a telephone interview was. Thanks to anyone who can share their experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mnemnosyne)
    Hey all, I was curious as to what the typical wait time between completing the online tests and getting rejected/invited to take a telephone interview was. Thanks to anyone who can share their experience.
    It was quite long, but I applied really early.... 2 or 3 months I think... Still fighting right now LOL got A.C. in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mnemnosyne)
    applied November, got invited in a telephone interview March. Got cut really quickly though, after 2 days haha. The person that conducted the interview interviewed me via skype and while i was giving the answers i could hear the pc buttons being clicked which was really annoying plus i got told on about my accent. horrible telephone interview experience

ReputationRep:
    to clarify the skype interview part. the person telephone called me via skype

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your insight, StefaniaC and king_ish! Hopefully I didn't leave it too late then-I only submitted my tests three weeks ago and haven't heard back since. Does anyone know if they send rejections to students who got past first stage but didn't meet requirements for tests, or is no news good news in this case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mnenmnosyné)
    Thanks for your insight, StefaniaC and king_ish! Hopefully I didn't leave it too late then-I only submitted my tests three weeks ago and haven't heard back since. Does anyone know if they send rejections to students who got past first stage but didn't meet requirements for tests, or is no news good news in this case?
    Oh wow, I didn't know you could still apply.
    Anyways the assessment centre was cancelled again as they said they got all the people they need >.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StefaniaC)
    Oh wow, I didn't know you could still apply.
    Anyways the assessment centre was cancelled again as they said they got all the people they need >.>
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. I applied for the tech side, which stayed open a little longer, so that might be why.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.