Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm sure this already maybe part of a thread. But I'm just seeing if anyone knows how likely is it to secure private rental properties as an international student before arriving into Edinburgh? I want to secure something before I arrive but have read that in many cases you have to wait till you're there to secure a property? As a postgrad student I would prefer a one bedroom property. Are there any agencies that people recommend to look for properties on your behalf before arrival?

    I have considered the many student accommodation places that are on offer. Many are high contenders. Issue is I am looking at going to Ediburgh first to settle in and begin my 1 year Masters. My boyfriend will join me about 6 months later on a working visa so this means he's not eligible to stay in student accommodation which I understand. This is why I'm looking at the possibility of private rentals. Any help or guidance on this would be useful or anyone else who has experienced the search for private rentals in Edinburgh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.