The Student Room Group

Cost of fixing broken door at accommodation is £500!

So I recently had a pretty rough night at university and long story short, two doors need replacing. My accommodation provider Liberty Quays are quoting me £500 inc VAT to replace the two doors!!!

How is that justifiable???? I am going to ask for proof of the actual payment for each door and for the invoice of fitting the doors but that is way too expensive for 2 wooden doors!

Any advice is appreciated!
Ask if you can use private contractors and if that doesn't work remember to think about consequences before you do things
Original post by Ssangha32
So I recently had a pretty rough night at university and long story short, two doors need replacing. My accommodation provider Liberty Quays are quoting me £500 inc VAT to replace the two doors!!!

How is that justifiable???? I am going to ask for proof of the actual payment for each door and for the invoice of fitting the doors but that is way too expensive for 2 wooden doors!

Any advice is appreciated!

Two doors - and they probably have to be fire doors - so not the cheapest. And the cost of call out and labour fees. Sounds about right to me.
I agree that's probably not too crazy. They can't just buy any two doors, they'll have to replace like for like and they will have to buy fire doors. Plus they will be paying for labour as the staff won't fit the doors themselves. Plus they'll be charging you a bit for the cost of the staff arranging for all this to happen.
Next time just don't drink so much and damage other people's property and then it won't be an issue.
Can't pay, we'll take it away!
if you give up drinking for a few months you will save enough to pay for this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending