jmeredith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all, I'm starting at BCU in september 2017 but haven't actually seen the accommodation yet (I didn't realise that my visit day was the same day as my interview). I've looked at the accommodation on the virtual tour, but University locks only has animated pictures of what the rooms will look like. I was hoping that any current students or applicants might have some photographs of the accommodation to help give me an idea of what it actually looks like
username1222417
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jmeredith)
Hi all, I'm starting at BCU in september 2017 but haven't actually seen the accommodation yet (I didn't realise that my visit day was the same day as my interview). I've looked at the accommodation on the virtual tour, but University locks only has animated pictures of what the rooms will look like. I was hoping that any current students or applicants might have some photographs of the accommodation to help give me an idea of what it actually looks like
same here i didn't know my visit day was also my interview, plus my visit day offers to have a look round accommodation i'd check if your's does to.
i'm also interested in the university locks accommodation and so far i've been able to find these images: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
jmeredith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by cathzeta10)
same here i didn't know my visit day was also my interview, plus my visit day offers to have a look round accommodation i'd check if your's does to.
i'm also interested in the university locks accommodation and so far i've been able to find these images: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Thanks, it looks amazing! I'm going to apply for it and visit there during the July open day. It should still leave me time to change if I end up hating it
louis.l
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, I'm starting in 2018, really interested in University Locks. Did you decide to go with it? What's it like? So many questions!
jmeredith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The accommodation is really nice although I did end up leaving before Christmas due to a couple of factors.
1. It worked out a lot cheaper for me to commute an hour and a half to uni, as I’m only in 2 days a week
2. The walls at locks are paper thin, if you’ve got people playing music in the flat above or below
3. I didn’t really get on with my flatmates as much as I would have liked too, which made living there super boring.

I think if you end up with a good group of flatmates and don’t pull the short straw on the flats near yours it’d be a really nice place to live
Jess698
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m going to be staying at university locks September 2019 and have heard roomers about the security being extra strict, is this true? Also what are the rooms and flats like, do you have any photos that you took when you were there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.18%
Labour (443)
42.47%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.37%
Green Party (54)
5.18%
Brexit Party (28)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)