Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in my second year of uni and I have applied for a part time job. It is only 4 hours on Saturday and 5 on Sunday but during the week I have quite a lot of lectures and seminars. I am starting to wonder if I will be able to still fit in time to do my work because I have essays due next term that I'll need to start soon and I have revision I'll need to start. I also want to make sure I can still have a social life and go out with friends a few times a week. Do you think it's possible to fit all of this in or not? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No one can tell you for certain. It might work for you, it might not. Scheduling my time has allowed me to do all my uni work and work two jobs and still go out during my four years at uni. Try making a mock schedule and see how you feel about it. Or try the job for a short while and see how it goes. As long as it doesn't interfere with your coursework it should be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    To me is sounds doable, but you are probably the best person to know. You know how much work you have to do for your degree, and how much time you need to for other commitments.
    You could try it out, and if it is too much you can always leave.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.