The Student Room Group

Summer school experience

I am currently year 12 and really want to go to summer school to experience how universities feels like. Unfortunately, I cannot reach their minimum GCSE requirements and I dun think I can get through as they are really popular anyway. Is there anything I can do to obtain some similar experience?
Thank you for your attention

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Brian28msa
I am currently year 12 and really want to go to summer school to experience how universities feels like. Unfortunately, I cannot reach their minimum GCSE requirements and I dun think I can get through as they are really popular anyway. Is there anything I can do to obtain some similar experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try getting on with your work and letting university take care of itself in due course. Don't get ahead of yourself or you'll just fall behind.
Reply 2
Sorry, I dun quite get it so you mean I should pay attention onto getting better grades in a-level to make it more appealing and maybe could leave these experiences behind? Thanks🙏🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sort of subjects are you interested in?
Reply 4
Medical sides probably medicine or biomedical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look for taster courses or "masterclasses" - e.g. these via University of London (but there are likely to be others at your local universities).

http://www.london.ac.uk/5197.html
Reply 6
Ok thanks guys I will definitely check on those

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,
I know the University of Bath does some 3 day summer schools which offer a taster on different subjects, check it out here http://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/experience-our-year-12-summer-schools/
They're good to put on the personal statement if you apply for uni, as it shows you've taken an active interest in higher education (going to university)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending