Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, yesterday we were told that we had to create a head boy speech for Tuesday. I'm sure you all know what this is 😁
    She said its part of our GCSE but not associated with lit or lang, and is a seperatr mark which is still displayed with the others.

But, I'm gonna fail, she gave us 3 main points to talk about:

•vision for the future
    •my qualities (why I would be a good head boy)
    •the schools problems

I have no qualities that would make me a good head boy, normally I'm extremely quiet, and will not take the role of a leader, and I don't really talk to many people outside of my circle. I'm not sporty, or academically excelling, so really I don't have much that would let me make the speech.

As for problems and visions for the future, there is a standard few that everyone else is doing, which means there would be nothing to "set me apart", or make especially well.

Is there any hope?...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just make it up! You're not actually applying, so create a 'perfect head boy' character and give the presentation in that character. Be prepared to answer questions afterward though.

Or you could flip convention and say that your quietness actually makes you a great leader as you'll put other people first, you're not in it for the limelight etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmeliaLost)
    -snip-.
    Would ssaying I do all the great head boy stuff even if I don't, not put me on the grounds for wrong info?
    My teacher said that pputting stuff in that wasn't true marks you down, but I'm not sure.

I think I would be able to follow your points about myself, and then scrape together a generic other two points, thank you 🙏🙏

Hopefully I'll be able to do it at lunch Just to the teacher aswell
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Nautuca)
    Would ssaying I do all the great head boy stuff even if I don't, not put me on the grounds for wrong info?
    My teacher said that pputting stuff in that wasn't true marks you down, but I'm not sure.
    I wouldn't have thought so. Maybe double check that with your teacher before you go home today though as it might be different for you (I'm doing WJEC). Our mark scheme for the speaking part is all to do with being presentation skills, using sophisticated language/ideas and good argument structuring, and being able to answer questions well afterwards, but the presentation itself could be a roleplay of a jedi knight talking about the force for all they care.

(Original post by Nautuca)
    I think I would be able to follow your points about myself, and then scrape together a generic other two points, thank you 🙏🙏

Hopefully I'll be able to do it at lunch Just to the teacher aswell
    Awesome Yeah we can do ours just to the teacher if we ask, so hopefully they'll be okay with that!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.