Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What private student loans companies exist, other than Future Finance, that I can get a loan of £9,000 from. I can't go to Student Finance England because I can't prove I've lived in the country for 5 years and Future Finance don't finance your first year at University. I am a first year student with no work history.

ReputationRep:
    were did you live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulbarlow)
    were did you live
    I lived in England but I have no way of proving it as I had no passport, bank account, job etc. I'm from Poland originally

ReputationRep:
    did you come with family. did you register at the doctors.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by smalljob)
    What private student loans companies exist, other than Future Finance, that I can get a loan of £9,000 from. I can't go to Student Finance England because I can't prove I've lived in the country for 5 years and Future Finance don't finance your first year at University. I am a first year student with no work history.
    if you can prove you have been in the EEA for the past 3 years and your an EU citizen then you can get EU finding which would be tuition fees only - you don't need to have been living in the uk at all

ReputationRep:
    this is true. a russian lady married a pole and moved here she was paying full fees. she did not know that after three years of eu residence and entitlement you get your fees paid.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be very careful with companies like Future Finance...are you going to be able to afford paying it back whilst you're studying?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.