Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Scientists have created a human-pig hybrid in a milestone study that raises the prospect of being able to grow human organs inside animals for use in transplants."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...e_iOSApp_Other

No other species has anything on us when it comes to inflicting misery.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
      lol

Animals don't just kill what they need. Animals often don't kill their prey "humanely". Many animals like to 'play' with their prey before eating them. Animals go around raping each other, committing infanticide.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      lol

Animals don't just kill what they need. Animals often don't kill their prey "humanely". Many animals like to 'play' with their prey before eating them. Animals go around raping each other, committing infanticide.
      You think I don;t know that?

A Cheetah has no choice but to slowly choke its prey to death due to its jaw being to week to kill it any other way. It's jaw is weak as a by product of evolving to be the fastest land mammal.

You think I don;t know that?
        You think I don;t know whether you do know that or not?
        • TSR Community Team
        • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
        "Scientists have created a human-pig hybrid in a milestone study that raises the prospect of being able to grow human organs inside animals for use in transplants."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...e_iOSApp_Other

Blimey, sounds like the story Oryx & Crake is suddenly a reality!

ReputationRep:
        You think I don;t know whether you do know that or not?
        A Cheetah has no choice but to slowly choke its prey to death due to its jaw being to week to kill it any other way. It's jaw is weak as a by product of evolving to be the fastest land mammal. I know what nature is.

I don't care what you do or don't know. Your smug nihilist dismissal of my OP can do one though. Please show me the other animal that factory farms its food and will mess with the DNA of another animal to harvest organs.

I don't care what you do or don't know. Your smug nihilist dismissal of my OP can do one though. Please show me the other animal that factory farms its food and will mess with the DNA of another animal to harvest organs.
          Progress demands sacrifice. Animals make for the cheapest sacrifices. Be happy that the price is so low.

I'm not a nihilist, merely a human supremacist.

ReputationRep:
          A Cheetah has no choice but to slowly choke its prey to death due to its jaw being to week to kill it any other way. It's jaw is weak as a by product of evolving to be the fastest land mammal. I know what nature is.

Agreed.

Our descendants will look back in horror at how we treat animals. It is obscene.

ReputationRep:
          I don't see how this is any crueller then the meat industry...

(Original post by astutehirstute)
            Agreed.

Our descendants will look back in horror at how we treat animals. It is obscene.
            I think they will look upon vegans with more horror.

People used to prefer to inflict unnecessary pain on thousands of their fellow men, and hold back human progress, rather than sacrifice some subhumans? Wow, what barbarians.

ReputationRep:
            I think they will look upon vegans with more horror.
            Got any other stupid comments?

Got any other stupid comments?
              For all their supposed cruelty, many humans seem to care a lot about animals' feelings, even to their own - and humanity's - detriment. If no other animals can match us in their cruelty, they also cannot match us in empathy.

ReputationRep:
              For all their supposed cruelty, many humans seem to care a lot about animals' feelings, even to their own - and humanity's - detriment. If no other animals can match us in their cruelty, they also cannot match us in empathy.
              So because a big cruel lion kills a zebra, we should take it out on farmed animals who are the most docile, submissive and passive creatures on earth?

ReputationRep:
              Animals commit rape, male animals eat the offspring of their rivals and literal tear other animals apart for food. Humans do science, philosophy, have codes ethics but apparently we're the bad guys.

(Original post by The_Herbivore)
                So because a big cruel lion kills a zebra, we should take it out on farmed animals who are the most docile, submissive and passive creatures on earth?
                Yeah, that's precisely what I said... :rolleyes:

Who cares about scientific progress, the real reason we do experiments on animals is to take out our frustrations on farmed animals (many of which were bred to be docile, submissive and ultimately enslaved by humanity).

ReputationRep:
                Yeah, that's precisely what I said... :rolleyes:

Who cares about scientific progress, the real reason we do experiments on animals is to take out our frustrations on farmed animals (many of which were bred to be docile, submissive and ultimately enslaved by humanity).

You said "For all their supposed cruelty (by non-farmed animals), many humans seem to care a lot about animals' feelings (of farmed animals)"

I think you are forgetting it is 2017 and there are plenty of other alternatives than the barbaric tests on animals

(Original post by The_Herbivore)
                  I think you are forgetting it is 2017 and there is plenty of other alternatives than the barbaric tests on animals
                  And there are plenty of situations where there are no such alternatives, or where the alternatives are too expensive, or where the alternatives are insufficient to ensure there is no risk to humans.

ReputationRep:
                  If no other animals can match us in their cruelty, they also cannot match us in empathy.
                  Or stupidity.

(generalised point, not aimed)

(Original post by Drewski)
                    Or stupidity.

(Original post by Drewski)
                      Or stupidity.
                      Name an animal smarter than Einstein, or a person dumber than the average koala.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
                    Useful resources
                  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.