Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am planning on applying to go to medical School (Graduate Entry Medicine).

    I was wondering if i would get any help from Student finance as i have already completed a degree? (graduated in 2012).

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi RAL1990

    the current information we have for graduate entry student starting in 2017/2018 is below.

    Tuition Fee SupportFrom AY 2017/18 universities and colleges (HEP) can charge tuition fees of up to £9,250. This change can affect both new and continuing students. Year 1 – The student will have to self fund the first £3465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder up to £5,785. If the student wishes to borrow a tuition fee loan, please indicate amount of loan they wish to borrow in the Loan Request Section. Year 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535. Maintenance Support Year 1 – The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants. Year 2-4 – The student is eligible to apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to Student Finance England for a reduced rate Maintenance Loan.Thanks
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.