Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am planning on applying to go to medical School (Graduate Entry Medicine).

I was wondering if i would get any help from Student finance as i have already completed a degree? (graduated in 2012).

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi RAL1990

the current information we have for graduate entry student starting in 2017/2018 is below.

Tuition Fee SupportFrom AY 2017/18 universities and colleges (HEP) can charge tuition fees of up to £9,250. This change can affect both new and continuing students. Year 1 – The student will have to self fund the first £3465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder up to £5,785. If the student wishes to borrow a tuition fee loan, please indicate amount of loan they wish to borrow in the Loan Request Section. Year 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535. Maintenance Support Year 1 – The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants. Year 2-4 – The student is eligible to apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to Student Finance England for a reduced rate Maintenance Loan.Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.