mills6179
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I'm currently studying for my History A- Level. I should be taking my year 13 exam this summer. I had a lot of trouble with the course last year and struggled a lot with the structure of the questions. Does anyone have any tips and tricks that has really helped them? I'm looking for any advice around the subject as i need a good grade to get to University.
hurricaneellin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which Strand are you doing? I'm doing Germany and West Germany 1918 to 1989, RIse of Fascism in Italy and rebellion and disorder under the Tudors.

I'd definitely recommend looking through the specification and how the exam will be structured.
I've made notes on everything and am going to organise them to fit the exams.
mills6179
Rep:
?
Sorry I'm not a very descriptive person😂 I'm doing edexcel history where we did America and South Africa in year 12. Now we are doing Britain and the welfare state. I've tried looking for the spec but I get confused because there is like 3 different ones!
hurricaneellin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mills6179)
Sorry I'm not a very descriptive person😂 I'm doing edexcel history where we did America and South Africa in year 12. Now we are doing Britain and the welfare state. I've tried looking for the spec but I get confused because there is like 3 different ones!
Think this is it:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...015_A_HIST.pdf
mills6179
Rep:
?
I've seen this before I wasn't quite sure if it was the correct one😊 Thank you👌🏻
FrenchNerd2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any advice on exam technique - especially sources and getting the level 5 band? I feel this is the only way I can be guaranteed an A because at the moment my essays range anywhere between 17/20 and 12/20
mills6179
Rep:
?
i feel like the entire exam is based on structure (of which I'm lacking) 😂😂
hurricaneellin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FrenchNerd2)
Any advice on exam technique - especially sources and getting the level 5 band? I feel this is the only way I can be guaranteed an A because at the moment my essays range anywhere between 17/20 and 12/20
17/20 is an A they aren't bad scores. Doing well on your coursework will definitely help
FrenchNerd2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hurricaneellin)
17/20 is an A they aren't bad scores. Doing well on your coursework will definitely help
The thing is my teacher's feedback is so erratic I have no idea how I even got that mark.
mills6179
Rep:
?
I know they are not allowed to help with the coursework, it would just be useful if my teacher could say more when she gives me feedback. It would help so much!
cdog123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mills6179)
I know they are not allowed to help with the coursework, it would just be useful if my teacher could say more when she gives me feedback. It would help so much!
Hi guys,
How are you all revising for the exams? As i find the British book very useful, whereas the SA and the USA huge textbook has too much irelevant information in it. This is going to be a very hard course to do well in due to it being the new spec. My essays range from 14/20 to anything up to 18/20, however, i feel that when i write a 14/20 essay it is exactly the same as an 18/20. Any revision tips or guides would be useful, as my school is making us go on the huge textbook which certainly over hypes the whole units.
Cheers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%