Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemuelc14)
    Just got an interview invite for Chemistry with industrial year!
    Same but with molecular physics!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazomango)
    Same but with molecular physics!!
    Well done! Are you going to the actual campus then?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for you to get your interview invite? I’ve applied but I’ve just got an acknowledgment email. Congrats btw I was debating about whether I should apply for a year in industry

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Are you going to the actual campus then?
    yeh, mine is on the 15th of November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byebyekitty)
    How long did it take for you to get your interview invite? I’ve applied but I’ve just got an acknowledgment email. Congrats btw I was debating about whether I should apply for a year in industry
    I applied on the 12th of October and got the invite today, so 12 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazomango)
    yeh, mine is on the 15th of November
    Yep same here

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview invite for Chemistry with industrial year!
    Me too! On November 8th
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilykateex)
    Me too! On November 8th
    Congrats Mines on the 15th

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I have also just received my invitation to the Imperial admissions day for chemistry. Would anyone be able to share their experiences of this day? Whether it be about the interview or the admissions test, any pointers would be appreciated as I am the first from my school to apply to the university. Thank you, Fraser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macmilin)
    Congrats! I hope I get one too! Where you from btw?
    Brunei (it's okay if you don't know where this is, not many people knows it even exists lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyLai9879)
    Brunei (it's okay if you don't know where this is, not many people knows it even exists lol)
    I know Brunei haha
    I represented that country in a MUN lol

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I’m invited for an chemistry interview on 8th November and they say there’s an admission test as well. Did you take any entrance exam?
    (Original post by Najung)
    Oh then you must be attending offline one cuz I'm doing skype one as I'm an int' student! My interview is on Monday but had no time to prepare much Imperial gave me only 6 days!

Good luck anyway on ur interview as well!
    (Original post by Najung)
    Oh then you must be attending offline one cuz I'm doing skype one as I'm an int' student! My interview is on Monday but had no time to prepare much Imperial gave me only 6 days!

Good luck anyway on ur interview as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLi2016)
    Congrats! I’m invited for an chemistry interview on 8th November and they say there’s an admission test as well. Did you take any entrance exam?
    I know it is very weird but I've never heard about admissions test from Imperial... I am an international applicant, btw. I don't really know why am I exempted from admissions test...? Has anyone who is an international student taken it yet?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me a rough estimate for the dificulty of the Computing test ? Is it as the same level asta the first part of the MAT or CSAT ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byebyekitty)
    I think it varies widely depending on the course- for me, it took me a week to be invited for the interview after UCAS submission. (Only 3 days after sending an acknowldegement email!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obsessed_with_Ox)
    Can anyone give me a rough estimate for the dificulty of the Computing test ? Is it as the same level asta the first part of the MAT or CSAT ?
    Pretty sure it's easier than MAT lol, you're more than enough ready for it anyway xD (I'm dead for MAT :/ )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyLai9879)
    Pretty sure it's easier than MAT lol, you're more than enough ready for it anyway xD (I'm dead for MAT :/ )
    Thanks for the positive response, mate, Don`t worry, Nobody feels ready for the MAT

ReputationRep:
    hi I am applying for Chemistry and I just got invitation for an interview yesterday!!
    well I didn't take any GCSEs so I think that will be my massive disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a clue what the CAT is about (admissions test for chemistry)?

Guessing there's no revision materials for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obsessed_with_Ox)
    It’s easier than both

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.