London

Scroll to see replies

Imperial is slower than a snail
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
@bant_bus
@dinglebells

Could you guys discuss this elsewhere? You've kinda derailed the thread which was useful for discussing things concerning imperial college applicants and the process itself.
So what did everyone pick for their accommodation choices?

Hopefully the odds of not getting one of your five choices is low :smile:

And it seems like wifi isn't in most rooms - I read that you need a network cable for a lot of them, but that they have wifi in all the common areas
Am I the only one who hasn’t receive an accommodation e-Mail yet lol
Original post by bendent1234
Hey guys, I'm starting a thread for 2018 Applicants as I don't believe there is one

I will be applying for MEng Computing (Artificial Intelligence)

GCSEs:
4A*, 6As, 1B

FSMQ:
Add Maths: A

Currently studying:
Maths (Edexcel)
Further Maths (Edexcel)
Computer Science (OCR)
French (AQA)

AS Predictions:
AA (M/FM)

ayy im planning to take a similar course; in the same uni!!!!!!!
Original post by Denver STE

You should have?

Are you an undergrad? Did you activate your account?
Original post by Kyber Ninja
You should have?

Are you an undergrad? Did you activate your account?

Yeah I am an undergrad and done all of that, checked my spam as well, nothing there
Yeah I am an undergrad and done all of that, checked my spam as well, nothing there

Strange. I would ring or email them then - unless they're doing something else and didn't send all of the mail in one go
Strange. I would ring or email them then - unless they're doing something else and didn't send all of the mail in one go

Yeah I'll wait for a few more hours, otherwise I'll probs e-Mail them
Yeah I'll wait for a few more hours, otherwise I'll probs e-Mail them

lol just got the email, anyways what are u putting down @kyberninja
Reply 3170

I read somewhere that they send out accommodation emails in batches, but tbh I'm not sure.
Reply 3171

And it seems like wifi isn't in most rooms - I read that you need a network cable for a lot of them, but that they have wifi in all the common areas

Wait, means no wifi for my phone when I am at my room? :frown:

I might pick Woodwards and The Custome Store and put two other choices with low bedspace and cheap. If the procedure is really random, I will be really really likely at Woodwards and The Custome Store. Hope my "2000IQ play" is not destroyed by Imperial lul.
lol just got the email, anyways what are u putting down @kyberninja

I went nearby with single rooms.

Shame none of the rooms have wifi - my phone is useless and Im gonna have to buy a network dongle
Original post by _JB_
Wait, means no wifi for my phone when I am at my room? :frown:

I might pick Woodwards and The Custome Store and put two other choices with low bedspace and cheap. If the procedure is really random, I will be really really likely at Woodwards and The Custome Store. Hope my "2000IQ play" is not destroyed by Imperial lul.

I think so - you're probably gonna have to go to the common areas, ie living, gaming room etc to get wifi on your phone.

I don't think it can be completely random, I would guess disabled students get one of their choices no matter what, particularly if some accommodation is lacking facilities

I'd be interested to see what the most popular hall was
Original post by acep
I read somewhere that they send out accommodation emails in batches, but tbh I'm not sure.

Did you get one?
Heyo!

I guess a little backgroud info would be nice as this is the first time I've posted anything. I'm a Scottish student who has firmed imperial for electronics and information engineering. My grades are extremely meh, AAAAAABB for N5 (GCSE equivalent) and AAABB for my highers (AS equivalent) while my conditions are AAA for advanced Higher pure maths, physics and computing.

Anyway, got the email for acomodation today.

My picks (from most ideal to least):
1. Pembridge shower-only single (hoping less people pick it compared to ensuite).
2. Wilson House single
3. Parsons House single
(The two fillers as you have to pick 5)
4. Xenia single
5. Costume store ensuite single

Hopefully I get Pembridge but if not, at least Wilson or Parsons House. They are close enough to the campus that I can continue walking (or cycle) as before exams, I walked 2.75 miles~ one way to/from school so it would be nice if I could continue my 'usual' walk. Also, the rent is under my £170/week budget (including tube pass for further ones) so yeah, hopefully I get one of the three.

On a closing note, hopefully I meet the conditions and see all of you there!
Original post by Mr.Meerkat
Heyo!

I guess a little backgroud info would be nice as this is the first time I've posted anything. I'm a Scottish student who has firmed imperial for electronics and information engineering. My grades are extremely meh, AAAAAABB for N5 (GCSE equivalent) and AAABB for my highers (AS equivalent) while my conditions are AAA for advanced Higher pure maths, physics and computing.

Anyway, got the email for acomodation today.

My picks (from most ideal to least):
1. Pembridge shower-only single (hoping less people pick it compared to ensuite).
2. Wilson House single
3. Parsons House single
(The two fillers as you have to pick 5)
4. Xenia single
5. Costume store ensuite single

Hopefully I get Pembridge but if not, at least Wilson or Parsons House. They are close enough to the campus that I can continue walking (or cycle) as before exams, I walked 2.75 miles~ one way to/from school so it would be nice if I could continue my 'usual' walk. Also, the rent is under my £170/week budget (including tube pass for further ones) so yeah, hopefully I get one of the three.

On a closing note, hopefully I meet the conditions and see all of you there!

Waiting to see what accommodation you get is like a mini-results day into itself
Reply 3177
Did you get one?

I did, and it seems like almost everyone did too.

I haven't actually heard of any of the rooms not having wifi - there may be a couple per hall depending on signal strength but most seem to have it, definitely in Eastside/southside, beit, Wilson and Woodward at any rate
Original post by ElleCee
I haven't actually heard of any of the rooms not having wifi - there may be a couple per hall depending on signal strength but most seem to have it, definitely in Eastside/southside, beit, Wilson and Woodward at any rate

Why does it say network cable required?

I'm talking about bedrooms in particular, the description said that common rooms had them

Latest

Trending

Trending