Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunsetyellow)
    My interview is on the 8th November, and yeah I am applying for JMC (although I believe it's all done by the same department)
    woah. I guess you're the first one to give an interview for computing! Must be having stellar academic credentials etc.
    All the Best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uka_qwer)
    anyone got a biochem offer????
    Only thing I’ve received is a confirmation email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meghantheman)
    Congrats on the UCL offer!! When did you apply?
    Quite early... 18 September. I was going for the Cambridge Singaporean interview deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeadHoncho)
    Only thing I’ve received is a confirmation email
    Lol same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An_Indian_Girl)
    woah. I guess you're the first one to give an interview for computing! Must be having stellar academic credentials etc.
    All the Best!
    Thank you! Don't know about that, I think I just applied early

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Najung)
    As I mentioned before, I did not take any kind of written assessments! I don't know why
    I wouldn't worry about it, if it's the same as last year then the admissions task is just so they know the style of thinking of that year's cohort so they can structure the teaching better. If you weren't at an applicant day for your interview then they probably just didn't think the test was that important, it won't count against you at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Levurmion)
    Nah... I haven't heard anything from them... I got an offer from UCL tho...

Do overseas biochemistry applicants get interviewed? I am really not looking forward to having one because I botched my Cambridge interview in Singapore. XD

Can someone please evaluate how competitive my application is? I'm quite worried...

I applied with 5 CIE AS Levels (numbers are PUMs):
    Chemistry - 94 (A)
    Physics - 91 (A)
    Biology - 86 (A)
    Mathematics - 85 (A)
    English Language - 81 (A)

A Level Predictions:
    Chemistry - A*
    Biology - A*
    Physics - A (I stumbled on my first few tests in school)
    Mathematics - A
    General Paper - A

IGCSE:
    Chemistry(A*), Physics(A*), History(A*), Mathematics(A), English as a Second Language(A), Business Studies(A), Chinese as a Foreign Language(A)
    Hey,

your application will definitely be competitive and looks quite solid from the academic profile you've provided. Especially the good scores in the sciences stand out and you've got good proportion of A* and A grades.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Imperial for Physics? And if you have applied, what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for physics. A level maths A*, predicted A*A*A* in further maths, physics, chem

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Civil engineering department? I am a bit worried now😂😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george1999poi)
    Has anyone heard back from Civil engineering department? I am a bit worried now😂😅
    I got invited to their UCAS recruitment day, there is some kind of admissions test involved. I got the email last Friday. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! I applied on 8th of October. I am even more nervous now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachacool6)
    I got invited to their UCAS recruitment day, there is some kind of admissions test involved. I got the email last Friday. When did you apply?
    Good luck to you. I also apply for civil engineering but I haven't got invitation yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george1999poi)
    Congratulations! I applied on 8th of October. I am even more nervous now.
    Oh I applied on the 14th October, hopefully they’ll contact you soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar_99)
    Good luck to you. I also apply for civil engineering but I haven't got invitation yet
    Haha thank you, I’m really nervous about the test because I haven’t finished C3 yet and only about halfway through M2 so I’m really worried my maths knowledge will be limited compared to everyone else! When did you send in your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachacool6)
    Haha thank you, I’m really nervous about the test because I haven’t finished C3 yet and only about halfway through M2 so I’m really worried my maths knowledge will be limited compared to everyone else! When did you send in your application?
    Just got an overseas interview invitation for aeronautics. I sent off my application on 13 October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haarithiop)
    Got an interview for physics. Gcses: 7A* 3 A, A level maths A*, predicted A*A*A* in further maths, physics, chem
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application out a few weeks ago and still havent gotten any response apart from the confirmation. I'm applying for Mech Eng as an international applicant, gcse's are 9A* 1A 1B and im predicted 44 with 777 in HL math physics chem and 776 in SL economics Chinese B and English. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Was told someone got a second round interview? Is this normal? I thought they give offers (or rejections) after one round of interviews

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who did their online admissions test for computing on the 26th October heard back from Imperial regarding interviews? Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.