Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was wondering if we have to give in AS grades in UCAS when applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k92e67)
    Thinking of applying to Maths and Computer Science

Achieved A2: A*AA in maths physics ICT and predicted A*A* in Further maths and further additional maths.
    AS: AABC
    GCSEs: A*AAAAABBBB

do I even stand a shot? Everyone seems to have like 5 A*s...
    Imperial College does not give importance to GCSEs so yeah seen your achieved grades and predictions you have a chance!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonyAs)
    Hello,
    I was wondering if we have to give in AS grades in UCAS when applying
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, imperial university wizard.
    I'm thinking of applying for MSci Physics at Imperial and I'm not sure how much a chance I would have of getting an offer. Predicted grades are as follows:
    Maths: A*
    Further Maths: A*
    Physics: A
    Biology: A
    Apart from this I've been to a physics summer school at Oxford university and I've read a couple of books on the subject. Knowing how competitive this university is, I'm not sure if just meeting the entry requirements is enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by /VLaDOS/)
    Hello there, imperial university wizard.
    I'm thinking of applying for MSci Physics at Imperial and I'm not sure how much a chance I would have of getting an offer. Predicted grades are as follows:
    Maths: A*
    Further Maths: A*
    Physics: A
    Biology: A
    Apart from this I've been to a physics summer school at Oxford university and I've read a couple of books on the subject. Knowing how competitive this university is, I'm not sure if just meeting the entry requirements is enough.
    Admissions Tutors consider all the evidence available during their rigorous selection process. A typical range of offers made by the Physics Department in 2016 (encompassing at least 85% of applicants who studied A-level or IB) was A*A*A to A*A*A*. If your UCAS application indicates that you are likely to satisfy the requirements you will be invited for one of the post-application interview days with a member of our academic staff.

Because Imperial College receive many more excellent applications than we have places available, the interviews will involve some technical discussions so that they can assess candidates with similar academic records and predictions.

It also gives the College the chance to assess your suitability for the course, to learn about your interests and motivation, and to decide whether to offer you a place.

In 2016, the admission ratio (so those who have successfully met their offer if one was received) was of 6.0:1 in the physics department (compared to 8.2:1 in maths and 10:1 in medicine).

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I want to know when ICL replies to me. I applied to materials science on the 6th September itself, so when do I receive my offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpocha1)
    Hello,
    I want to know when ICL replies to me. I applied to materials science on the 6th September itself, so when do I receive my offer?
    Usually after December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by premedmath)
    Usually after December
    Oh! I heard that it replies within 6 to 8 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I dont go to Imperial, but I go UCL so we're london buddies!

Just wanted to hop on this thread to say I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK!! HOPING THE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU!!
    I was in your applicant shoes last year, and I just want you all the know that whatever happens is for the best. Just keep working hard and be the best version of yourself. Do good to others and good will come to you!

Hope you all have an awesome final year!! Good luck to you all!!

ReputationRep:
    Applying to EEE engineering

GCSES: mostly A*s
    AS LEVEL: AAAA (maths,further maths ,phsyics,economics)
    A LEVEL PREDICTIONS: (A*A*A*A)

Competitive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpocha1)
    Hello,
    Idk if there's an interview in that subject. If yes you'll be contacted in November/December/January. Otherwise you'll probably have an answer from November to March.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of applying to Maths and Computer Science

Achieved A2: A*AA in maths physics ICT and predicted A*A* in Further maths and further additional maths.
    AS: AABC
    GCSEs: A*AAAAABBBB

do I even stand a shot? Everyone seems to have like 5 A*s...
    You took a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark jam)
    You took a gap year?
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.
    How you finding m3/fp3/s4

ReputationRep:
    How you finding m3/fp3/s4
    M3 is fine so far, done most of it. Trying to focus on the other modules before moving on to the harder stuff. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    M3 is fine so far, done most of it. Trying to focus on the other modules before moving on to the harder stuff. Wbu?
    I'm thinking about doing m3 but it seems to be be hard?

what do u think

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about doing m3 but it seems to be be hard?

what do u think
    If you understand m2 well I think if you put the effort into m3 it should be fine. That said chapter 5 looks the hardest and I haven't touched it yet.

ReputationRep:
    If you understand m2 well I think if you put the effort into m3 it should be fine. That said chapter 5 looks the hardest and I haven't touched it yet.
    how long did it take?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I want to apply for BEng/ Meng Computer Science.

I had an offer from Imperial last year of A*AA with 2 in STEP 2 but a bunch of stuff happened in my life and I so, I couldn't study properly, hence I didn't meet my offer. I want to re apply and have organised an internship at a tech startup.

What I achieved last year:
    Maths - A
    F. Maths - A
    Physics - B

Predicted:
    Maths - A*
    F. Maths - A*
    Physics - A*

Is there any hope?
    Please advise me, I really want to do everything I can to get in.

ReputationRep:
    imperial is a toxic place, stay as far as possible from it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.