Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpocha1)
    Hey,
    Nice to hear from you
    Same from me too, just gotten email from imperial that they are considering my application. By the way from where are u ?
    Myanmar, and you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassinbunny123)
    what did the interview consist of, did they ask you academic questions or were they general questions about why you wanted to join imperial? and how long was the interview.
    He only asked me one general question at the start as an ice breaker- why imperial. Then he moved straight onto the academic questions including some calculation and theory based explanation and stuff. It only took 10 minutes for me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Williamchen77)
    Nice! I am applying for aeronautical engineering, mechanical engineering, and physics. So far only the physics department confirmed my application.
    (Original post by Guoity)
    Hey guys, good to see we've got an active thread here, quick introduction of myself

What course are you applying for? Aeronautical Engineering

What are you studying? Physics, maths, further maths, Theater Studies

What are your predicted grades for A2 level? A*A*AA respectively

Are you/ have you visiting/visited the open day? nope

Where are you from? Gloucestershire

Why imperial? Its the imperial college, one of if not the best place in the world to study engineering and they offer spacecraft engineering specialization which would be incredible.
    Would love to talk with some other engineering applicants about this whole thing.
    (Original post by mariaero)
    I am applying for Aeronautical Engineering too.
    I would love the spacecraft specialization.
    Have any of you UK students received an interview yet?

Has any other UK student received an interview date yet. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have advice for how to prepare for a physics interview?

ReputationRep:
    hi has anyone got any offers for medical biosciences ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ieng12)
    Have any of you UK students received an interview yet?

Has any other UK student received an interview date yet. Thanks
    Imperial Interview days have started with the first being yesterday (8th November) so hopefully we should all start receiving dates soon (they run 9 days between November and march) fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guoity)
    Imperial Interview days have started with the first being yesterday (8th November) so hopefully we should all start receiving dates soon (they run 9 days between November and march) fingers crossed.
    Fingers crossed for sure.

Keep me updated when you receive an interview date for Aeronautical Engineering as that is what I have applied for as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, I received an invitation for the interview. Since I am an international student (EU), I need some accommodation to stay overnight. Do you know whether Imperial provides any accommodation? If not, can you please recommend a cheap one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDerDart)
    Yesterday, I received an invitation for the interview. Since I am an international student (EU), I need some accommodation to stay overnight. Do you know whether Imperial provides any accommodation? If not, can you please recommend a cheap one?
    What is the interview for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ieng12)
    Fingers crossed for sure.

Keep me updated when you receive an interview date for Aeronautical Engineering as that is what I have applied for as well.
    If i'm lucky enough to get through I'll be sure to post and likewise to you if you hear anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDerDart)
    When I applied last year I was also coming from the EU and they didn't offer me any accommodation for my interview. It is however worth checking with them to see as this may differ by department and if not, they will probably be able to offer some recommendations. Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Have I most likely been rejected considering that everyone who's applied for JMC have already been given interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by argee120117)
    Myanmar, and you?
    I'm from India

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordrohan731)
    Have I most likely been rejected considering that everyone who's applied for JMC have already been given interviews?
    Who's everyone, I know quite a few who haven't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bahl12)
    Who's everyone, I know quite a few who haven't?
    I applied and took the test on 26th of October. I've looked around and everyone who has taken the test and not been rejected on 26th has got an interview.

ReputationRep:
    I applied and took the test on 26th of October. I've looked around and everyone who has taken the test and not been rejected on 26th has got an interview.
    Are you referring to just student room or other places you've looked around?

ReputationRep:
    I know a few JMCs who haven't been given interviews, and only know one computing Meng that has.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for both JMC and Computing (AI). Havent got an interview invite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k92e67)
    I applied for both JMC and Computing (AI). Havent got an interview invite.
    When did you apply? What date was the admissions exam?

I'd much prefer if they rejected me outright instead of dragging me to the end and then rejecting me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bahl12)
    Are you referring to just student room or other places you've looked around?
    On the student room mostly.

There have been people who applied in November for my course and got an interview while I applied early October and haven't heard anything since the admissions test on the 26th October.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 9, 2018

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.