Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bahl12)
    Are you referring to just student room or other places you've looked around?
    On the student room mostly.

There have been people who applied in November for my course and got an interview while I applied early October and haven't heard anything since the admissions test on the 26th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordrohan731)
    When did you apply? What date was the admissions exam?

I'd much prefer if they rejected me outright instead of dragging me to the end and then rejecting me.
    I applied around 12th October, did the admissions test on the 26th, same as you. Im not sure why some get invites before others, its either that the applications are considered in a random order or yours and mine aren't as competitive... hopefully not the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 12th of October and did the admissions test on the 26th of October. (BEng JMC)
    Got an interview invitation on the 3rd of November and I almost got rejected because I didn't know I had to reply back to the email unless I was no longer considering Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k92e67)
    I applied around 12th October, did the admissions test on the 26th, same as you. Im not sure why some get invites before others, its either that the applications are considered in a random order or yours and mine aren't as competitive... hopefully not the latter.
    Please do update me if you do get an interview offer because it's more and more looking like my application isn't as competitive.

I think Imperial only interview 20% of applicants for JMC and everyone who gets an interview gets an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received offers for biological sciences/biochemistry/biotechnology yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordrohan731)
    Please do update me if you do get an interview offer because it's more and more looking like my application isn't as competitive.

I think Imperial only interview 20% of applicants for JMC and everyone who gets an interview gets an offer.
    I think the 20% thing is a bit out-dated but yeah seems like the interview is just for showing around Imperial DoC to potential offer holders.

ReputationRep:
    Just a note for all of you, how long it takes for you to get a reply from Imperial is absolutely no indication of how strong your application is. The fact that you haven't received an invite to interview yet does not mean that you have been rejected.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slamkear)
    I'm applying for computer science this year at the Main Campus Building:

Maths A*
    Further Maths A*
    Physics A*
    Chemistry A*
    French A* (doubt they'll care here given it's such a soft A-level)
    Hows french soft? Tu rigole ou tu est tres stupide

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, does anyone here know how easy (or is it possible) to switch from MSc Computing Science (conversion) to MSc Machine Learning, obviously provided that you can show that you have been self studying the subject matters and are capable of taking the course? I received an offer for MSc Computing Science, starting Sept 2018 and have been self-studying ML. I hope to gain some research experience sometime next year and although I am not ready to take on the MSc ML right now, given the work and learning I have been doing. I feel that I should be ready to take on MSc ML by next Sept.

Thanks

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    I received an interview invite for the 22nd November today.

Course: MEng Computing(AI)
    Subjects: F Maths, Maths, Physics, Chemistry
    Grades(predicted and achieved): A* A* A* A* + A* EPQ (I made a mobile game)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arj119)
    I received an interview invite for the 22nd November today.

Course: MEng Computing(AI)
    Subjects: F Maths, Maths, Physics, Chemistry
    Grades(predicted and achieved): A* A* A* A* + A* EPQ (I made a mobile game)
    Have you achieved those grades?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen an IB student yet... time to represent! I'm applying for Medical Biosciences with management.Currently predicted a 41/42 (without the 3 extra marks for TOK and EE) HL Chem: 7 HL Bio: 7 HL Chinese: 7 HL Maths: 6 SL History: 7 SL Eng lang&lit: 7

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am an international applicant, applying on oct 15 for joint mathematics and computer science course.
    My predicted scores are : A*, A*, A, A, A (phy, math, f.math, bio, chem).
    I did the online test on Nov 1, but havent got any interview invitation.

Has anyone sitting the test on Nov 1 got an interview invitation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bahl12)
    Have you achieved those grades?
    I have achieved the A* in maths in year 12 and the A* in EPQ the rest are predicted

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who sat the online computing test on 26th and haven’t got the interview invitation??
    I applied to BEng Computing (3 years)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katy Kim)
    Has anyone who sat the online computing test on 26th and haven’t got the interview invitation??
    I applied to BEng Computing (3 years)
    Meeeeeeeeee! For the same course too.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application off on 12th Oct, had my test on 20th Oct and was given an offer for interview on 25th Oct. Had my interview on the 8th Nov, just waiting for an offer now! I've applied for MEng Computing and my predicted grades are A*A*A* and I have already achieved an A* in A-level Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinnJG30)
    Sent my application off on 12th Oct, had my test on 20th Oct and was given an offer for interview on 25th Oct. Had my interview on the 8th Nov, just waiting for an offer now! I've applied for MEng Computing and my predicted grades are A*A*A* and I have already achieved an A* in A-level Maths.
    Does MEng Computing require you to do STEP papers?

ReputationRep:
    First year physics student here, let me know if you guys have questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    First year physics student here, let me know if you guys have questions.
    I applied on 13th October and took the admissions test on the 26th October. Most people who've applied at the same time have got interviews.

I haven't got an interview. Some people are saying that it doesn't matter when you applied but I'm highly sceptical. What evidence is there to show that not being invited for interview yet doesn't suggest that you've been rejected?

Have I most likely been rejected considering everyone who's applied at the same time has either gotten an interview or is in the same predicament I'm in?

Do you know when Imperial starts rejecting people i.e. showing rejected on UCAS?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.