Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sour?

ReputationRep:
    kms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Najung)
    Hello everyone! I am applying to Chemistry at Imperial and received an interview offer last night!
    So my timeline is:
    9/29 submitted my UCAS
    10/3 got an acknowledgement email
    10/6 got an email that my application is being considered in my academic department
    10/10 got an interview offer (I am doing Skype one as I reside in Asia Pacific region. My interview date is 16th of October; actually, they haven't given me much choice upon the date)

I got:
    IGCSE: 7A* 3A 1B
    IB prediction: 43 with AA in ToK and EE (Chemistry), and 777 in HL (Econ Chem Maths)

I was very surprised because they said they start interviewing people from November but I got an interview offer last night.
    I also have an offer from Bristol (34 665) which arrived on 3rd of October.
    I am also applying to Bath, Cambridge, and Nottingham.
    Hello,
    I also got the email on 6th October that they are considering my application for materials science and engineering. Since I don't have any interview I didn’t get any interview offer. Further, I hope imperial gives me an offer by end of oct.
    Anyway, congratulations on your grades. you will get an offer if you do well in your interview.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PMC01234)
    Depends to which course, biology and medicine it's 1:1 but hard core engineering courses it goes 13:7.
    ftfy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnaseemchandra)
    Applying for Chemical Engineering (MEng)

Predicted Grades :

Further Additional Maths A*
    Chem A*
    Physics A*

Achieved Grades:

EPQ A* (100%)
    Maths A* (UMS average 100%)
    Further Maths A* (UMS average 99%)

How do my chances stack up?
    thats kinda weird.... who exactly predicts the outcome of an EPQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oruese)
    thats kinda weird.... who exactly predicts the outcome of an EPQ?
    Generally the exam board determine the outcome of any formal qualification

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!! I applied from chemical engineering and got an interview offer today for the 25th Oct. I was wondering what the structure of the interview was? what sort of questions they ask? and what prep we could do beforehand

Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    I sent in my application today for civil engineering MEng

I got at A in As maths
    I’m predicted 2A*s (chemistry and physics) and A (maths)
    What are my chances of an offer?
    Also does anyone know if there is an interview for civil engineering this year?

I have also applied to Bath Exeter Southampton and Surrey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)
    Hey guys!! I applied from chemical engineering and got an interview offer today for the 25th Oct. I was wondering what the structure of the interview was? what sort of questions they ask? and what prep we could do beforehand

Thank you so much
    okay im getting really agitated now...may i ask when exactly you sent your application off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndk123)

Thank you so much
    Hello! you also have an interview offer! I have some questions to you (I do also have an interview offer 16th Oct).
    Are you an int' student and when did you submit your UCAS?

Anyway, congratulations on your interview offer! Hope both of us can get the real offer

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm an overseas applicant, from India. I applied to Computing BEng. I'm on a gap year right now, doing an internship with a tech company.
    I have Indian qualifications (CBSE):
    English: 92/100
    Physics: 97/100
    Math: 95/100
    Chemistry: 97/100
    Computer Science: 97/100

How likely is it that I'll get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpetguy)
    ftfy
    Hahah idk why but in the UK you are obsessed with ratios 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachacool6)
    I sent in my application today for civil engineering MEng

I got at A in As maths
    I’m predicted 2A*s (chemistry and physics) and A (maths)
    What are my chances of an offer?
    Also does anyone know if there is an interview for civil engineering this year?

I have also applied to Bath Exeter Southampton and Surrey
    A* in mathematics is required

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I am in my gap year and got A*A*A* this summer in Chemistry, maths, business studies. I will be applying for chemistry and was wondering if I'll get a offer and also will I get an interview because I don't want to have one as it is far away and I want to move in 1 go rather than go for interview and then comeback .. it will take me 8 hour journey to go and comeback ... did anybody got away with no interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oruese)
    okay im getting really agitated now...may i ask when exactly you sent your application off?
    sorry im just so curious, for courses that don't require interviews (i.e.biomed), will offers/conditional offers be released so soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Hi guys I am in my gap year and got A*A*A* this summer in Chemistry, maths, business studies. I will be applying for chemistry and was wondering if I'll get a offer and also will I get an interview because I don't want to have one as it is far away and I want to move in 1 go rather than go for interview and then comeback .. it will take me 8 hour journey to go and comeback ... did anybody got away with no interview
    if you live that far away then you'll get a skype interview if u do get an interview, they wont expect you to go all the way there.

ReputationRep:
    I received an email saying that Imperial are looking at my application. Does this mean ill receive some sort of response (rejection or interview) soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Najung)
    Hello! you also have an interview offer! I have some questions to you (I do also have an interview offer 16th Oct).
    Are you an int' student and when did you submit your UCAS?

Anyway, congratulations on your interview offer! Hope both of us can get the real offer
    not an international student from the uk
    submitted it like nearly 2 weeks ago wbu?
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Course EEE

AS: AAAA
    Predicted: A*A*A*A*

In maths,Fm,Phys,Eco

What's the chances looking like?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I want to apply for Bsc Physics at Imperial, which requires A*A*A.
    However, my predictions are:
    Maths-A ( I am capable of getting a* )
    Physics-A*
    Economics-A
    Polish-N/A ( Probs A )
    epq-A ( Related to physics )
    Gcses 2a* 4A 2B 3C

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.