Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got to do that admissions test for Computing, it kinda threw me off though because they've recently updated the page with loads of new info like how and when interviews are done and that the admissions test even exists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AchR)
    Does anybody know what the online admissions test for computing is about ? Only just realised I had to do it the other day, and some people seemed to have got emails about it. Is it like maths based problems or more like logic or what? And how important is it ?
    Yeah it's like maths and logic problems, some algorithm style stuff as well, there was a thread about it last year on here but obviously no-one really gave any insight into what it was about exactly. From the website and the email, it seems you get a practice session and they use the test and your personal statement to decide whether to give you an interview offer.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I received an interview invitation for biomedical engineering on 8/11. However, I wasn't able to attend on that day, so after a frantic 20 min of email-swapping with the admissions tutor (very understanding and quick to reply) we renegotiated the interview date to 6/12. Still hyped up though!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I’ve applied for Chemical engineering
    IGCSEs: 6 A*s 1 A
    AS: 4 As (dropped Biology)
    Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths chemistry Physics)
    I keep anxiously checking my emails for anything after the acknowledgment but nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alpegu006)
    Yesterday I received an interview invitation for biomedical engineering on 8/11. However, I wasn't able to attend on that day, so after a frantic 20 min of email-swapping with the admissions tutor (very understanding and quick to reply) we renegotiated the interview date to 6/12. Still hyped up though!!
    Hey! I'm applying for the same! What are your stats? Are you an international student? When did you apply?

All the best and let me know how the interview goes! 🙌

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for MSc Finance at the business school, currently study BSc Physics at Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey12342)
    Hi Guys,

Ive applied to Chemistry, and was wondering if anyone has heard back from them.
    Yup I applied to the same course and finished interview on 16/10 (this Monday!) Haven't heard from Imperial since my interview date, just waiting for their decision! They gave me only 6 days to prepare, which was a bit nerve breaking Haha

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Did anyone got an offer from imperial?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meghantheman)
    Hey! I'm applying for the same! What are your stats? Are you an international student? When did you apply?

All the best and let me know how the interview goes! 🙌
    Hey! I'm an EU student from Spain, so I'll get to see the university on the day of the interview, which is awesome. My grades are as follows:

Maths: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Physics: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Chemistry: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Further Maths: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Spanish (compulsory): AS result A; A2 predicted A
    French: AS result A; A2 predicted A

I'll post here as soon as I finish my interview, it's going to be an awfully long wait...

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm an EU student from Spain, so I'll get to see the university on the day of the interview, which is awesome. My grades are as follows:

Maths: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Physics: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Chemistry: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Further Maths: AS result A; A2 predicted A*
    Spanish (compulsory): AS result A; A2 predicted A
    French: AS result A; A2 predicted A

I'll post here as soon as I finish my interview, it's going to be an awfully long wait...
    Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meghantheman)
    Where else have you applied?
    Oxford (don't really want to go even if they accept me), Leeds (conditional A*AA offer), King's College London (conditional AAA offer), and Glasgow (conditional offer for entry into year 2, skipping first year, A*A*A).

Right now the choice is really between Imperial and Glasgow, I've just attended the Glasgow Uni Open Day and I must say it looks awesome! If I am accepted by Imperial I will have a tough decision to make...

ReputationRep:
    Oxford (don't really want to go even if they accept me), Leeds (conditional A*AA offer), King's College London (conditional AAA offer), and Glasgow (conditional offer for entry into year 2, skipping first year, A*A*A).

Right now the choice is really between Imperial and Glasgow, I've just attended the Glasgow Uni Open Day and I must say it looks awesome! If I am accepted by Imperial I will have a tough decision to make...
    When did you apply? And when did you get for Kings? I haven't gotten anything from Kings yet! I'm applying to Oxford too but it seems like a long shot!

When did you get your Kings offer?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Physics Msci at Imperial.
    Is my application competitive enough?

GCSEs- 3A*5A3B
    AS- A in maths with an 87UMS average...which is sort of bad in comparison to others.
    A Level predictions-A*A*A*

Teacher has mentioned my dad being a drug addict so me having to get counselling hence my results not being as good. But I still feel at a disadvantage. Is my application OK?

ReputationRep:
    Im still unaware as to whether I should apply to Imperial for physics and molecular chemistry because my personal statement is about natural sciences and I mention natural sciences a couple of times.
    I still have time to change an option but they won't respond to my email and tell me whether the personal statement will be ok, apart from that

GCSE-7A* 1A 2B
    AS: Maths UMS- 92 UMS average EPQ-A*
    A level prediction:3A*S(chemistry maths physics

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to BEng/MEng Computing and NOT received any email about online admission tests? It seems like everyone else got an email or took a test already but I haven’t heard anything from Imperial yet... I’m super worried now 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katy Kim)
    Has anyone applied to BEng/MEng Computing and NOT received any email about online admission tests? It seems like everyone else got an email or took a test already but I haven’t heard anything from Imperial yet... I’m super worried now 😭
    Yep, me. Don't worry we're in this together As long as our predicted grades and reference are strong, there's still hope (plus it's a bit too early to be hearing responses, I'm gonna be quite worried if I don't hear anything in Nov/Dec lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyLai9879)
    Yep, me. Don't worry we're in this together As long as our predicted grades and reference are strong, there's still hope (plus it's a bit too early to be hearing responses, I'm gonna be quite worried if I don't hear anything in Nov/Dec lol)
    Thanks!! Few people in my college applied to Imperial also haven’t received anything, so hopefully we’ll get response very soon. The first interview day is on 8th of Nov (on Imperial website) so I’m expecting to get any response before then..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! Few people in my college applied to Imperial also haven’t received anything, so hopefully we’ll get response very soon. The first interview day is on 8th of Nov (on Imperial website) so I’m expecting to get any response before then..
    Yes I haven't got any reply for computing either, applied around 10th October, got an interview for EIE a few days later.

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I'm kinda scared aswell, although I heard that everyone applying for Computing has to do it, its just i don't know how they've selected who does it when. Also because my friend who applied around a week after me had hers on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bahl12)
    Yes I haven't got any reply for computing either, applied around 10th October, got an interview for EIE a few days later.
    Congrats! How did your interview go? Good luck with your other unis too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.