Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flamesofsnow)
    Me too! I'm kinda scared aswell, although I heard that everyone applying for Computing has to do it, its just i don't know how they've selected who does it when. Also because my friend who applied around a week after me had hers on Friday!
    Same.. None of people from our college has received any email yet. Wow how did she do on her test if you don’t mind me asking? I think the test is brand new for us so I have no idea what it’s gonna be about
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katy Kim)
    Congrats! How did your interview go? Good luck with your other unis too
    I haven't done the interview yet, I have it on the 6th of December (I was allowed to choose when it was).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bahl12)
    I haven't done the interview yet, I have it on the 6th of December (I was allowed to choose when it was).
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    You said your friend has done the computing exam, what are the stats of her UCAS application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uponthyhorse)
    Got to do that admissions test for Computing, it kinda threw me off though because they've recently updated the page with loads of new info like how and when interviews are done and that the admissions test even exists
    Mind me asking what your grades are like?

ReputationRep:
    do they look at your GCSE's because mine arent great but im going to work hard in year 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bendent1234)
    Got my invite for online admissions test on Friday
    Mind me asking what your grades are?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for MSc Physics at Imperial this week.

GCSEs: A*AAAAAAABBB
    AS: AA (Maths& Geology)
    Predicted Grades: A*A*A* & an A* in my EPQ.

I've had to send my AS module marks to the Physics department& I'm really hoping to get an interview because Imperial would definitely be my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to BEng/MEng Computing and NOT received any email about online admission tests? It seems like everyone else got an email or took a test already but I haven’t heard anything from Imperial yet... I’m super worried now 😭
    Only thing I've had is an email saying the department is considering my application. Nothing about a test or interview. I applied on the 12th

ReputationRep:
    Mind me asking what your grades are like?
    I got As at AS level and am predicted 3 A*. Also I applied on the 10th of October if that helps.

Them sending the online admissions test to some people and not others confuses me because the page for the course says all applicants have to do the test?? So pretty much everyone should hear back from them about this

ReputationRep:
    You said your friend has done the computing exam, what are the stats of her UCAS application?
    Oh do you mean hers?

Me too! I'm kinda scared aswell, although I heard that everyone applying for Computing has to do it, its just i don't know how they've selected who does it when. Also because my friend who applied around a week after me had hers on Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uponthyhorse)
    I got As at AS level and am predicted 3 A*. Also I applied on the 10th of October if that helps.

Them sending the online admissions test to some people and not others confuses me because the page for the course says all applicants have to do the test?? So pretty much everyone should hear back from them about this
    True.. And it says the interview invitation is based on UCAS application and the performance on the test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macklebee)
    Only thing I've had is an email saying the department is considering my application. Nothing about a test or interview. I applied on the 12th
    Same I got that email on 8th. Hopefully all the applicants receive that email before the interview starts. It says the first interview will be on 8th of Nov so I hope we are invited to take a test before Nov

ReputationRep:
    What were your friend's grades? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hii I am extremely worried about whether Imperial look at your gcse grades for medicine I have a passion and desire to study medicine but I am worried that Imperial look at your gcse grades do they look at them and how much do they look at them if they do?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-122)
    Hii I am extremely worried about whether Imperial look at your gcse grades for medicine I have a passion and desire to study medicine but I am worried that Imperial look at your gcse grades do they look at them and how much do they look at them if they do?

Thank you
    go on YouTube and watch a video called 'what makes a successful applicant? Undergraduate open days 2017' - by the Imperial head of admissions. She talks about GCSEs some way into it, interestingly she said they don't 'officially ' base their judgements on it, but this may only be true for typical courses, since medicine often has a different process and admissions to other courses. I would contact the department of medicine if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    Same.. None of people from our college has received any email yet. Wow how did she do on her test if you don’t mind me asking? I think the test is brand new for us so I have no idea what it’s gonna be about
    she said it wasn't very hard as they kind of go through the information beforehand...

ReputationRep:
    What were your friend's grades? Thanks
    her predicted grades were A*A*A in maths, physics, chemistry and she got an A in further maths AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meghantheman)
    When did you apply? And when did you get for Kings? I haven't gotten anything from Kings yet! I'm applying to Oxford too but it seems like a long shot!

When did you get your Kings offer?
    Well, I sent off my application on the 1st or 2nd of October, and I got King's offer on the 11th. Don't worry though, If you got an interview for Imperial you are def good enough for King's!

ReputationRep:
    I just did the compsci test and I'm kind of really worried it didn't go well, at least one of the questions 50% chance I've got it wrong lmao

Anyone wondering what its like, its multiple choice questions on maths or in around half the questions it asks you to follow an algorithm and test the output. Protip is manage your time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.