Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted onto a nursing course at the University of Manchester. I've researched into all of the accommodations and have seen very mixed reviews. Can someone give me some up to date, honest reviews and what would be the best for a nursing student? I will have to do placements so don't want somewhere too loud, but still a sociable area and not too expensive. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emboo1998)
    I've been accepted onto a nursing course at the University of Manchester. I've researched into all of the accommodations and have seen very mixed reviews. Can someone give me some up to date, honest reviews and what would be the best for a nursing student? I will have to do placements so don't want somewhere too loud, but still a sociable area and not too expensive. Thank you
    I've literally just applied for accommodation myself for starting in September, and this was really helpful
    https://www.studentcrowd.com/best-ha...ter-manchester
    It's all reviews from the students, though if you want photos then
    http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/
    is the best place to look, some don't have many though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhphipps3)
    I've literally just applied for accommodation myself for starting in September, and this was really helpful
    https://www.studentcrowd.com/best-ha...ter-manchester
    It's all reviews from the students, though if you want photos then
    http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/
    is the best place to look, some don't have many though!
    thank you very much do you mind if I ask what course you're doing and which accommodation you think you're going to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emboo1998)
    Hi! Which type of nursing are you doing? I've been offered a place for MH nursing and have firmed my place...Although I know the course is long hours, I am still a very sociable person and have been told that fallowfield is the best campus for social life. Im looking at Richmond Park as it isnt as crazy as oak house/owens park but still has a good social life and nice rooms aswell My friend goes to university of Manchester and has told me which accomodations are good and what to avoid, so if you want any more info let me know!!! x

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Congrats on your offer! I'm doing child nursing. I've actually chosen my accommodation but I'd love to know any useful information you have 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErinGrace1999)
    Hi! Which type of nursing are you doing? I've been offered a place for MH nursing and have firmed my place...Although I know the course is long hours, I am still a very sociable person and have been told that fallowfield is the best campus for social life. Im looking at Richmond Park as it isnt as crazy as oak house/owens park but still has a good social life and nice rooms aswell My friend goes to university of Manchester and has told me which accomodations are good and what to avoid, so if you want any more info let me know!!! x
    Hi, just wondering what your friend said about what to avoid??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I currently have a single room in Manchester with MSV South going for £116 a week, en-suite, bills included. Looking for someone to takeover my tenancy. It starts on the 9th of September 2017. Please drop me a message if you're interested. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    is this still available?? how long is your tenancy?
    (Original post by abbythefab)
    Hi! I currently have a single room in Manchester with MSV South going for £116 a week, en-suite, bills included. Looking for someone to takeover my tenancy. It starts on the 9th of September 2017. Please drop me a message if you're interested. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    ROOM SWAP
    Hi, I have been allocated a room in Dalton Ellis Hall VICTORIA PARK CAMPUS Standard Room with Basin, Catered, from September 2017 to June 2018. Looking to swap with someone with any room in FALLOWFIELD. Message me if interested, cheers

ReputationRep:
    FEMALE LOOKING FOR ANY ROOM IN FALLOWFIELD

Offered : Dalton Ellis Hall Victoria Park Campus Standard Room with Basin, Catered, from September 2017 to June 2018.
    Desired: Any room in FALLOWFIELD.
    Message me if interested, cheers

ReputationRep:
    There is a room for rent available from 2 nd September it's communal halls 20mints away from Manchester university. It's going for £80 a week. It's in the women's wing so shouldn't get too loud for u. And it's inclusive of bills. It's been recently refurbished and they are still doing some work. Room is a double with I think double bed, desk, wardrobe and sink. they haven't got round to giving it to an agency as yet so the rent is quite reasonable at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbythefab)
    You can try Campusboard.co.uk, I found a tenant for my room. There were a lot of students looking for spare rooms, maybe you can find someone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.