Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Manchester still looking on the accomodation side. Iv applied to the uni but if prefer private now Iv looked into it more! How's things with you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnboi1985)
    I firmed Manchester still looking on the accomodation side. Iv applied to the uni but if prefer private now Iv looked into it more! How's things with you guys?
    I JUST FIRMED MY OFFER TOO! So unbelievably happy and excited. Why are you thinking of going private?? Is that a better idea? I haven't looked into accommodation in too much detail yet - I don't think I want to live in halls though. Well done on your place too, is it adult nursing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiddenleafvilla)
    Yay for all of us! Is anyone off to the offer holder day on the 22nd 😁
    What's an offer holder day?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indialillian)
    I JUST FIRMED MY OFFER TOO! So unbelievably happy and excited. Why are you thinking of going private?? Is that a better idea? I haven't looked into accommodation in too much detail yet - I don't think I want to live in halls though. Well done on your place too, is it adult nursing?
    Hey

Yes I'm going to be doing adult nursing! And I'm 32 I can't handle the constant partying these days haha so I decided to find somewhere where I could have my own space rather than to share. So I applied to a place called the chapel which is literally across from UoM and Iv had my room confirmed last week. I will be living in a compact studio apartment

ReputationRep:
    Hey, congrats on your offers!! Just wondering if anyone has any tips for getting onto the course to do nursing at Manchester - specifically child nursing? Its my goals to take it there starting September 2018 but I'm starting to realise how much of a tricky courrse it is to get onto haha! Any tips such as regarding personal statements, experience etc. or anything through the application process would be greatly appreciated!! My current 'predicted grades' is BBB as we are receiving our final ones at the end of this year after mocks but i'm hoping mine will be raised too ABB. Thankyou in advanced! x

ReputationRep:
    Hello Scared4ALevels01 - outside of achieving the best grades you can, any relevant experience is always a massive plus!

If you are able to get some time where you work with children or in a care capacity, that'll help boost your chances of getting an offer (even perhaps a 'reduced' offer). This page: https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/nur...s/?pg=4#course should be able to give you a little more detail.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.