Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Hello,
    I'm a student from Germany and I'm planning to study in the UK by the end of the year. The university of my choice has tuition fees of £9,250 and expects non-UK students to pay a £5,000 deposit in advance. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay this myself at this point. A German student loan (BAföG) would pay up to 4,600€ (~£3923) which doesn't even cover the mentioned deposit. I am trying to find scholarships that might fund it but so far I haven't really found anything suitable and apparently the deadline for sponsorship confirmation was on the 9 December 2016.
    My question now is when is how much paid of the annual tuition fees and is there a possibility that the Stundet Finance could pay these £5,000 out of the £9,250 in advance?

Thank you for your help!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm afraid many uk students encounter a problem when they realise they have to pay a deposit for accomodation and it's pretty much a blanket rule that sfe never releases payments without confirmation of attendance from universities so you're going to have to find another option, sorry.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.