Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Chinese Zodiac animal are you? Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your Chinese Zodiac?
    Rat
    3.14%
    Ox
    7.55%
    Tiger
    21.38%
    Rabbit
    28.93%
    Dragon
    19.50%
    Snake
    6.92%
    Horse
    1.89%
    Goat
    0.63%
    Monkey
    3.14%
    Rooster
    3.77%
    Dog
    1.89%
    Pig
    1.26%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A Tiger!

ReputationRep:
    A rabbit according to our New Year (Jan 1st), but a tiger according to the Chinese New Year (which was on Feb 15th in 1999)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Wtf I dont like the animal I am :\ Wish I had something cool like a dragon.

1967? :eek2:
    LOL. Yes, i'm an old fart who turned 49 in November. My son will be 20 next week. [He's the student, not me] !

ReputationRep:
    Tiger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Mate, everyone has asked me if I have a gf and I can't even drop the "I'm a TSRian" line :rofl: I don't think we do, I'm from a Chinese family so it's pretty much all Chinese traditions over here.

I didn't set off any myself, cos I'm scared haha and I already got hit by one of the shells (tiny thing) so I think I won't be going near that again :lol: I thought there was a gunfight tbh, tfw you hear a firework go off and you can't tell it if it's a gunshot or a firework :rofl:

No girlfriend mate, as you can see I still haven't changed my user title and that will stick for as long as it applies But you only get pockets when you're not married, which is why I said that

Seafood is life. I never get sick of noodles but rice I do get sick of since that's what I eat every day lmao. I live for spicy food! That's why I love Malaysia because there's lots of spicy food! And who can turn down a beef rendang :drool:
    Lol were you thinking of using that line for reals :lol: its not rly an excuse, if anything you meet more girls this way than usual anyway? Maybe Ill try that line one day and perhaps it could be a chat up line in future :007:

Yeah I was pretty scared too at first but I think everyone goes through weird stages in their teens and a dangerous stage is one of them however brief? Im stuck in the phase atm lmao :rofl3: Yeah fireworks sound like guns for sure, they have similar explosive mechanics anyway so its logical, Ive been to a firing range before and even the heavy cal ones werent as loud tho as the fireworks :holmes:

We never know with your user title tho do we? maybe youre an absolute player irl slaying everyone and have like 5gfs at once, you could a freakin baller for all I know and have a completely different identity :ninja: Oh I didnt know the rule about marriage and pockets at all, thanks for that! Guess Ill get married as late as I can then, although Chinese ppl like to have their finances in order before marrying anyway, I think my parents did it (marrying lol) at 30ish.

Seafood is great, and sushi and ramen, basically Japanese cuisine is my fav :coma: also love mexican food tho. Noodles are amazing, udon is great, vercimilli, italian forms basically most pastas as well and ofc good old instant noodles xD Spicy food is great, my dad thinks its unhealthy but whatever, bit of hot oil on everything for my dim sum is what I always do :rofl: Whats a beef rendang then? and can you get a seafood rendang?

ReputationRep:
    Which Chinese Zodiac animal are you?
    ------------------------------------------
    The truth is that it is NOT Chinese Zodiac.

1) Chinese Lunar Calendar
    Chinese Lunar Calendar was made by an European, Johann Adam Schall von Bell.
    Johann Adam Schall von Bell , Wikipedia,

2)Chinese world map
    The first chinese world map was made by an European. Matteo Ricci,
    Kunyu Wanguo Quantu - Wikipedia
    Matteo Ricci - Wikipedia

3)Chinese calendar (Huihui Lifa)
    It was made by a Muslim who worked for the Mongol Empire.
    (Genghis Khan's law, Killing a Chinese = killing a donkey.
    Mongols killed 50% of Chinese.)
    Huihui Lifa, Wikipedia,
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Lol were you thinking of using that line for reals :lol: its not rly an excuse, if anything you meet more girls this way than usual anyway? Maybe Ill try that line one day and perhaps it could be a chat up line in future :007:

Yeah I was pretty scared too at first but I think everyone goes through weird stages in their teens and a dangerous stage is one of them however brief? Im stuck in the phase atm lmao :rofl3: Yeah fireworks sound like guns for sure, they have similar explosive mechanics anyway so its logical, Ive been to a firing range before and even the heavy cal ones werent as loud tho as the fireworks :holmes:

We never know with your user title tho do we? maybe youre an absolute player irl slaying everyone and have like 5gfs at once, you could a freakin baller for all I know and have a completely different identity :ninja: Oh I didnt know the rule about marriage and pockets at all, thanks for that! Guess Ill get married as late as I can then, although Chinese ppl like to have their finances in order before marrying anyway, I think my parents did it (marrying lol) at 30ish.

Seafood is great, and sushi and ramen, basically Japanese cuisine is my fav :coma: also love mexican food tho. Noodles are amazing, udon is great, vercimilli, italian forms basically most pastas as well and ofc good old instant noodles xD Spicy food is great, my dad thinks its unhealthy but whatever, bit of hot oil on everything for my dim sum is what I always do :rofl: Whats a beef rendang then? and can you get a seafood rendang?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

It would probably work on TSR. Then again, the girl knows you are a TSRian and it won't get you far :lol: TSR girls though bro?

Firecrackers are like machine guns, imagine setting it off in England, you'd get the police on you :rofl: Never tried a gun myself tbh, but I have don't archery like a typical Asian kid :lol:

I really am not what you described, at all :toofunny: Well if you want to, you can save up from red pockets until you have enough for a wedding in 30 years time Yeah mine were like mid 30s too! We are truly bros :five:

You have named pretty much everything I like, I also love something called "ho fun" I guess it's called something different in Cantonese but it's a thick white noodle and it's delicious! Dim Sum and hot pot are the best! Rendang is a dry curry in Malaysia. I guess you can add any meat to it: beef, fish, prawns, chicken... but beef is the main one.

ReputationRep:
    Snake

ReputationRep:
    rabbit

ReputationRep:
    Meerkat ~ !!

:3
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    Meerkat ~ !!

:3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    LOL. Yes, i'm an old fart who turned 49 in November. My son will be 20 next week. [He's the student, not me] !
    49 isn't old it's just so many 13yr olds on tsr, it's quite shocking to see a full grown adult sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Ox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    49 isn't old it's just so many 13yr olds on tsr, it's quite shocking to see a full grown adult sometimes
    TBH it's one of my favourite websites !! My son, on the other hand, has never used it and wouldn't dream of doing so. He thinks it's for "sad gits who actually enjoy studying". [His words].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    As it's Chinese New Year today, I thought I'd add this thread for a bit of fun!
    Your zodiac animal is based on the year you were born, so refer to the table below!

I'm a Rooster, or a **** :mmm:

So, which one are you?

Discuss.
    Am a dragon, but I hear there were four different types and am supposed to be a wood dragon

ReputationRep:
    I'm a monkey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

It would probably work on TSR. Then again, the girl knows you are a TSRian and it won't get you far :lol: TSR girls though bro?

Firecrackers are like machine guns, imagine setting it off in England, you'd get the police on you :rofl: Never tried a gun myself tbh, but I have don't archery like a typical Asian kid :lol:

I really am not what you described, at all :toofunny: Well if you want to, you can save up from red pockets until you have enough for a wedding in 30 years time Yeah mine were like mid 30s too! We are truly bros :five:

You have named pretty much everything I like, I also love something called "ho fun" I guess it's called something different in Cantonese but it's a thick white noodle and it's delicious! Dim Sum and hot pot are the best! Rendang is a dry curry in Malaysia. I guess you can add any meat to it: beef, fish, prawns, chicken... but beef is the main one.
    Lol whats wrong with a TSR girl? that emoji speaks volumes :lol: I think the only problem is that itd be like a LDR but even harder :holmes: there are tons of nice ppl here

What do you mean 'have dont archery?' Have you tried proper archery? Takes so much energy to draw that string back tho, I prefer crossbows or nerf guns :rofl: although water guns are arguably better so you dont need to find the stupid bullets that always get lost, or you could play with these weird hybrid ones that do both but thats just silly

Hmm so youre a typical Asian kid then? Are you good at maths and play and instrument? Cos Im average at maths tbh :rofl2: trig gets me everytim but I can play the piano and the whistle. Lol, 30 years time Ill be almost 38 fam, aint nobody got time for dat, Imma be married hella early and be successful for real tho I think Ill be ready to marry once I have enough money so maybe late twenties with accounting and ofc we are truly bros lol :five:

Ho Fun is insane, beef ho fun is the best!! Dim sum is proper legit too, the har gau and siu mai or the beef chilli belly :coma: also cant forget the classic cheung fun :yep: Hot pot is sick too but we didnt do it much when I was younger cos my dad is paranoid with safety and thought Id kill myself with the hot water korean bbq tho :coma:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is something for the roosters
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/h...i&ocid=UP97DHP
    Spoiler:
    Show

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.