Turn on thread page Beta

Is this abnormal that I'm STILL upset over this guy watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I had a short term relationship with this guy I really liked around 8 months ago now. It lasted only a couple of months but saw each other and slept together most days and my feelings became so intense that when he ended it I was distraught.
    Well the months past and I thought I was over him. I stopped thinking about him as much, and I even found out he had a new GF recently and I honestly didn't care (kinda helps she's not attractive and doesn't go to our uni NGL :s)

    Then I saw him today. We go to the same uni and it's a miracle we hadn't seen each other before in passing since we broke up. Even though I only saw him very briefly, it was enough to evoke great feelings of sadness and now I'm actually crying and I swear this isn't normal because it was a short relationship and it ended agessss ago

    I don't wanna talk to my friends about it because the month after he dumped me I bored them to death with how upset I was about it

    I feel like such a saddo
    • Political Ambassador

    Political Ambassador
    Not abnormal at all, seeing him reminded you how devastated you were when he left you. You can't forget these moments that easily so don't be harsh on yourself.

    If you'll see him more it will get easier.

    Don't worry it happens. Sometimes you just can't help but think about it. But its just one step further to forgetting, one day you'll realise there wasn't any point in crying. Just snuggle up with a nice warm drink and a good book. Always helps take your mind off things. 😌

    it's normal, don't be annoyed at yourself for it. You'll move on naturally, it might not come all at once but you'll get there
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.