Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am considering applying to Durham university next year for Ancient History, which requires AAA. I am predicted this, but at GCSE I only achieved five A*s, four As and a B. I am worried because I have heard that they want candidates with at least eight A*s, and don't want to waste an application if I definitely won't get in

ReputationRep:
    Apply. The GCSE thing is a load of toss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clonedmemories)
    Apply. The GCSE thing is a load of toss.
    Okay, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Definitely apply I got an offer for Ancient History at Durham and only had 4A* 5A B and 2 C (predicted AAA with A,B at AS). From what I could tell they where looking for a student who would push themselves and show a desire to learn so maybe start looking at things to support your course. This will be much more beneficial for your application than GCSE grades - I haven't heard them being mentioned once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilLDN)
    Definitely apply I got an offer for Ancient History at Durham and only had 4A* 5A B and 2 C (predicted AAA with A,B at AS). From what I could tell they where looking for a student who would push themselves and show a desire to learn so maybe start looking at things to support your course. This will be much more beneficial for your application than GCSE grades - I haven't heard them being mentioned once.
    Okay, thanks
    • TSR Support Team

If it suits you and it is what you want to do then yes apply.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.