Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am considering applying to Durham university next year for Ancient History, which requires AAA. I am predicted this, but at GCSE I only achieved five A*s, four As and a B. I am worried because I have heard that they want candidates with at least eight A*s, and don't want to waste an application if I definitely won't get in

ReputationRep:
    Apply. The GCSE thing is a load of toss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clonedmemories)
    Apply. The GCSE thing is a load of toss.
    Okay, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Definitely apply I got an offer for Ancient History at Durham and only had 4A* 5A B and 2 C (predicted AAA with A,B at AS). From what I could tell they where looking for a student who would push themselves and show a desire to learn so maybe start looking at things to support your course. This will be much more beneficial for your application than GCSE grades - I haven't heard them being mentioned once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilLDN)
    Definitely apply I got an offer for Ancient History at Durham and only had 4A* 5A B and 2 C (predicted AAA with A,B at AS). From what I could tell they where looking for a student who would push themselves and show a desire to learn so maybe start looking at things to support your course. This will be much more beneficial for your application than GCSE grades - I haven't heard them being mentioned once.
    Okay, thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If it suits you and it is what you want to do then yes apply.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.