Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

please offer advise its getting worse day by day Watch

I feel so disconnected with everyone and everything for about a year now, i've been suffering from depression and anxiety i have been bottling it up for quite some time and its come to a point where its breaking me. When im with my friends i just dont feel the bond i used to have i try avoiding a lot of people in the daily and now its lead to me failing my mocks im an A2 student i must add. I just feel like its an on going cycle of the same old dull emotions i was highly motivated to get a good education but now my goals have gone down the drain ... My teachers at college have given up on me becasue of my attidue to work an i hate the fact that they have to see this side of me. I am not massively overweight but im a few pounds heavy i discussed with my family that id like to lose weight ect and they just turned a cold shoulder at me and said that im fine but honestly they dont know how my weight makes me feel i have become so insecure and all i want is confidence and achieving that confidence is by losing weight, they keep telling my im suffering from an eating disorder but i honestly am not i just know m portion size ... does life get any better i dont know what im doing in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel so disconnected with everyone and everything for about a year now, i've been suffering from depression and anxiety i have been bottling it up for quite some time and its come to a point where its breaking me. When im with my friends i just dont feel the bond i used to have i try avoiding a lot of people in the daily and now its lead to me failing my mocks im an A2 student i must add. I just feel like its an on going cycle of the same old dull emotions i was highly motivated to get a good education but now my goals have gone down the drain ... My teachers at college have given up on me becasue of my attidue to work an i hate the fact that they have to see this side of me. I am not massively overweight but im a few pounds heavy i discussed with my family that id like to lose weight ect and they just turned a cold shoulder at me and said that im fine but honestly they dont know how my weight makes me feel i have become so insecure and all i want is confidence and achieving that confidence is by losing weight, they keep telling my im suffering from an eating disorder but i honestly am not i just know m portion size ... does life get any better i dont know what im doing in my life.
    A levels will be some of the most stressful times of your life.

Focus on your learning and passing exams. If you can't learn in class because of anxiety, learn it at home. Speak with your school or colleges staff for help with your anxiety/despression or you could bring it up with a GP.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If your weight is making you feel insecure and un-confident, go to the gym, do plenty of cardio, eat proportionate meals every 2.5 hours.

See your GP about anxiety, depression and they may be able to refer you to a psychiatrist.

Do you have a hobby? You could try some new hobbies and do things that make you happy. This could even be talking long walks, reading books etc.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.