Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When can we find out on UCAS tracker that weve been accepted/rejected?

As clearing starts at midnight, then surely people must know if they have been accepted or not right?

ReputationRep:
    the system will apparently refresh at 10am in the morning of the 19th, or some time soon after that. Clearing starts at midnight because some people will not have had offers from any of their 6 universities, or will have turned down all offers, and so will want a head start
    You will be able to log into tracker at all times, it's just from the sunday before results they will stop refreshing the data on the screen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    the system will apparently refresh at 10am in the morning of the 19th, or some time soon after that. Clearing starts at midnight because some people will not have had offers from any of their 6 universities, or will have turned down all offers, and so will want a head start
    You will be able to log into tracker at all times, it's just from the sunday before results they will stop refreshing the data on the screen!
    gotcha .. thanx!

ReputationRep:
    *me cries* part of me is like WHOOHOOO the other part is like...umm still don't actually get what i did, what i applied for, how the system works or what the hell i'm doing tomorrow....

so clearing begins before we get the actually results???? *confused*

ReputationRep:
    Hold on chico... you mean to tell me that on the 19th of August i can log into ucas and look at my grades??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucykins)
    *me cries* part of me is like WHOOHOOO the other part is like...umm still don't actually get what i did, what i applied for, how the system works or what the hell i'm doing tomorrow....

so clearing begins before we get the actually results???? *confused*
    yeah, for the people that dont have a place (insurance or firm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Hold on chico... you mean to tell me that on the 19th of August i can log into ucas and look at my grades??
    nah i reckon midnight - 10am only shows what places are available in clearing and u cant apply for them until 10am ... i mean noone would be on the phones at 4am would they lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)

Ucas will not report your grades - it will only report whether you have been accpeted at your first choice uni or not.

And to confirm, clearing will start at midnight next thursday, NOT tonight!

ReputationRep:
    oh so for people who have turned down everything? i think i'll be looking before grades go out i have a firm (but i don't think i'll get in) and no insurance...hmmm *ponders* i'll have a gander about 12.01

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucykins)
    oh so for people who have turned down everything? i think i'll be looking before grades go out i have a firm (but i don't think i'll get in) and no insurance...hmmm *ponders* i'll have a gander about 12.01
    apparently last year there was a leak and u could find out if u were accepted before results day .. hopefully it will happen again lol

ReputationRep:
    OOOOh now where do you look for that ?? i've done my best to get into uni i was even ready to sleep my way in (just joking :P) ironically, i've done more work now i've left college (argh those words scare me) than i did in the years i was there....argh

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.