Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just creating this thread as I am wondering if anyone else has applied for AECOM graduate roles. This year it seems they have streamlined their recruitment process
    1. application CV/questions
    2. Situational Judgement Test
    3. technical face to face interview

I received an invitation to take the SJT but when I put my email in the test link it says its not registered for the test. Anyone else have this same problem? I know the email is correct and the same as the one I have on my application. I've contacted the AECOM graduate recruitment team twice but haven't had a reply yet (it has been about a week since my first email).

Anyway goodluck with your application anyone applying to a role at AECOM

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the graduate position in September 2016 and was invited to take the SJT which I did immediately. I received an email mid-October that I had passed the SJT and progressed to the next stage. They said they'd get back to me after two weeks. But I only heard back from them 2 weeks ago with the following statement: "After careful consideration, we wish to inform you that we will not be proceeding further with your application for this particular position".
    That's how my dream came to an end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danera)
    I applied for the graduate position in September 2016 and was invited to take the SJT which I did immediately. I received an email mid-October that I had passed the SJT and progressed to the next stage. They said they'd get back to me after two weeks. But I only heard back from them 2 weeks ago with the following statement: "After careful consideration, we wish to inform you that we will not be proceeding further with your application for this particular position".
    That's how my dream came to an end.

Oh thats a bit strange maybe you should email them to confirm it because sometimes wrong emails are sent out. I think their HR team is struggling because they are taking a very long time to respond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnyaPrincess)
    Just creating this thread as I am wondering if anyone else has applied for AECOM graduate roles. This year it seems they have streamlined their recruitment process
    1. application CV/questions
    2. Situational Judgement Test
    3. technical face to face interview

I received an invitation to take the SJT but when I put my email in the test link it says its not registered for the test. Anyone else have this same problem? I know the email is correct and the same as the one I have on my application. I've contacted the AECOM graduate recruitment team twice but haven't had a reply yet (it has been about a week since my first email).

Anyway goodluck with your application anyone applying to a role at AECOM
    Hi, they usually reply very fast. Every time I have sent them an email they responded on the same day but I usually send an email to specific employees rather than on the general email address. I'll private message u the email address I use try that and you might get a response quicker.

ReputationRep:
    I applied back in October time, though I had to give a numerical reasoning test as well. Heard back in November saying that my application has been passed on to the hiring managers but I still haven't heard back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay Bee12)
    Hi, they usually reply very fast. Every time I have sent them an email they responded on the same day but I usually send an email to specific employees rather than on the general email address. I'll private message u the email address I use try that and you might get a response quicker.
    Thankyou very much , hopefully I will get a response soon. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay Bee12)
    I'm extremely upset and angry right now. Aecom just emailed me saying that "We regret to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, this role has been put on hold. At this stage, we are not in a position to consider any of the applications for this particular role until further notice"

So after waiting for over 2 months suddenly the position has been put on hold is this even normal? has anyone else ever received a response like this :cry2::cry2:

Oh I'm sorry that's awful . Something like that did happen to me before I was waiting to arrange a telephone interview and they emailed to say the position is closed. They did however ask if I wanted my application to be transferred to another one of their graduate schemes. Maybe you can try to request the same if another one takes your interest? It never hurts to try!

ReputationRep:
    Applied in November, did the SJT, nothing since.
    HR doesn't even reply to my email. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Ports & Marine Engineering Graduate Program last night and less than 24 hours, they sent me email "After careful consideration, we wish to inform you that we will not be proceeding further with your application for this particular position". I'm amazed how quick they rejected me

ReputationRep:
    I've applied two weeks ago for building services eng, passed the SJT and not heard anything since, anyone else in similar situation? It's the middle of April, why such long wait...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've just applied for a grad programme and my link to the online test doesn't work. Would you mind sharing the email/do you know of a number I can call?
    Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammo29)
    Hi guys,

I've just applied for a grad programme and my link to the online test doesn't work. Would you mind sharing the email/do you know of a number I can call?
    Thanks!
    Have you tried the email under the Contact heading in the below link?

http://www.aecom.com/uk-ireland-graduate-careers/

ReputationRep:
    Yes, nothing yet. I haven't been able to find a number to call them
    (Original post by Smack)
    Have you tried the email under the Contact heading in the below link?

http://www.aecom.com/uk-ireland-graduate-careers/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammo29)
    Yes, nothing yet. I haven't been able to find a number to call them
    I would try and call the main switchboard then.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone had an interview with Aecom so far?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I applied to AECOM UK and Ireland Graduate Program 2017 around two weeks ago and completed the SJT. After completion of this test, I got an email from them congratulating me on passing the SJT, they had also given a detailed feedback on how I performed in the test. I haven't heard anything since.

Also, does anyone here know if AECOM provides sponsorship to International Graduates? I just graduated from The University of Sydney in Transport Management and I can't find any information regarding this online. I want to know how they will conduct my assessment (if I go through the next stage) considering I am currently in Sydney, Australia. I'd appreciate any help on this.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Did anybody get through to the final stage of the process? I got asked to attend the assessment day but would like to know what this day consists of?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey hi i receive the same situational judgement test.can you come in my contact..

ReputationRep:
    I am having the same problem. I e-mailed them too. How did yours get resolved? I am a bit nervous. I don't want to miss this opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Did you resolve this? I have the same problem!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.