Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Travelling alone - Bali Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am going to be travelling alone as my friend has had to drop out to Bali for 2 weeks in February. I've never been to the Southern Hemisphere before let alone travelled alone!

Does anyone have any tips for good places to meet English speaking young people?

I'm a guy from London, who is 20 and I'm going to be staying in Seminyak and Ubud but currently staying in hotels not hostels.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
    Dom

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dom, try to book activities like day tours with local operators, scuba diving, yoga etc - this is an easy way to meet other people. You could also just go hang out at hostels even if you aren't staying there as they are usually more social than hotels. Another option, book a tour of Indonesia and then you will be guaranteed to travel with others.

ReputationRep:
    If you're wanting to meet people, it's better to stay in hostels than hotels. If you can't cancel the hotels, then quickly search for local bars that are popular with backpackers and go from there. There's so many people backpacking in Bali, it's a popular backpacker destination, so won't be hard at all.

In Seminyak, the Mirror Club, Potato Head Beach Club are two popular places with the young travellers (although the beach club is expensive if you're on a tight budget!). La Plancha was popular too, head down there to watch the sunset. Half hour sat there on a my own, and soon there was a group of fellow travellers talking to me, asking if I wanted to join them.

Enjoy, Bali is beautiful !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.