The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
*Riz*
Well done to you all you've all done really well! Makes me scared for next week though.....

Just out of interest, those of you who met your offers, has the tracker updated yet and told you that you've got in to your first choise?

No, it hasn't - it said it updates around 10pm Monday - Friday.
university / college course decision Start date point of entry
The University of Aberdeen G4R1 Accepted

I was not expecting any results but I think that the post fits in this thread because I was accepted today.. :biggrin:
Reply 142
wizard
university / college course decision Start date point of entry
The University of Aberdeen G4R1 Accepted

I was not expecting any results but I think that the post fits in this thread because I was accepted today.. :biggrin:

Congrats!
Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 144
What did you get accepted for? :smile:
Reply 145
I was just out for a celebratory curry. My rector walked into the restaurant half way through and congratulated me by shaking my hand and kissing me on the cheek! EHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I got 6 A's at Higher in maths, english, geography, computing, physics and maths.

I didn't get my results till around 5 becuase I was doind medical work experience and I wanted to wait and open the envelope myself.

I havn't applied to anywhere yet, but I want to study medicine. This year I will be doing 3 advanced highers - chemistry, physics and applied maths - and 1 higher - biology.

Well done everyone!
werlop
I got 6 A's at Higher in maths, english, geography, computing, physics and maths.

Woah, well done!! :smile:
Reply 148
Congratulations :smile:
RyanW
What did you get accepted for? :smile:

comp science and french
Reply 150
Standard Grades:

4 Credit Grade 1s: Maths, English, French, Biology
4 Credit Grade 2s: Chemistry, Spanish, Music, Modern Studies.
Reply 151
Well done dude :smile:
Reply 152
I feel like I should be out celebrating, but I don't want to phone any of my mates or anything as I know they didn't do as well as me so possibly won't be in the mood to celebrate and/or I'll come across as a big-headed wanker. At the moment I'm stuck here bored out of my face:frown:
Reply 153
I know what you mean. I know exactly who did as well as me (one called, one texted, and one I hate but I heard about from the rector) and don't want to appear to be gloating to others. :frown:
werlop

I didn't get my results till around 5 becuase I was doind medical work experience and I wanted to wait and open the envelope myself.

I havn't applied to anywhere yet, but I want to study medicine. This year I will be doing 3 advanced highers - chemistry, physics and applied maths - and 1 higher - biology.

Well done everyone!

Why not AH pure maths? It's so much better! What was your 6th higher, cos you put maths twice :tongue: Congrats btw, they are amazing results!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 155
I knew you would all do superbly. Such a huge congratulations to you all, I just hope you will return the favour, and or comisserations when we get ours next Thursday.

Especially Acaila (who I knew would do well!), such a big well done..

Hugs for everyone, regardless of how you did.

Sleep well tonight, and cross your fingers for us English peeps!

-Robbie
Hellsbells
Why not AH pure maths? It's so much better! What was your 6th higher, cos you put maths twice :tongue: Congrats btw, they are amazing results!!!! :biggrin:

lol woops

the highers I sat were english, maths, physics, chemistry, computing and geography. Computing was the one which I did not learn in school.

As to my decision to do applied maths - I phoned several universities and all of them said they would far rater have someone having done applied maths than pure maths for a medical course as it is far more useful to have done some statistics work. Applied maths has 2 units of statistics and a 3rd unit which "samples" each of the 3 units of pure maths.

thanks alot!
Reply 157
AdvH English A
AdvH Maths A
AdvH Physics A

Did you meet your predictions? Yup!
If not, are you going to appeal? n/a
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yup!
What decisions have you made about any further study? Er...
What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? I got my predicted grades, this pleased me :biggrin: .
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Nope!
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? Parents?! Not likely. All on my lonesome as no-one else was awake.
What time did you find out your results? 7:30am
Did you feel nervous? Yup!
How do you feel now after knowing? Can't stop smiling, but will smile MUCH wider when UCAS are good enough to update my tracker... :rolleyes:
Reply 158
The Duck

How do you feel now after knowing? Can't stop smiling, but will smile MUCH wider when UCAS are good enough to update my tracker... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know! What is with that? UCAS are proving to be as helpful a service as they've been all year :biggrin:

Congratulations on your results though!
werlop
As to my decision to do applied maths - I phoned several universities and all of them said they would far rater have someone having done applied maths than pure maths for a medical course as it is far more useful to have done some statistics work. Applied maths has 2 units of statistics and a 3rd unit which "samples" each of the 3 units of pure maths.

thanks alot!

I did unit 1 of stats last year, and there was a guy in my class who did Applied maths by itself due to timetabling difficulties, and he struggled. I found stats difficult, but pure maths much more straightforward. Could you not do 2 units of pure and 1 of stats? Just my opinion, feel free to ignore it :biggrin: Also I don't think unis will mind too much which one you do, most people starting medicine wont have done stats anyway!

The Duck - congrats on your grades!!! :biggrin: