Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecossaise)
    A Advanced Higher English
    A Advanced Higher French
    A Advanced Higher Modern Studies

Did you meet your predictions? Well, my personal predictions were my crazy dreams in which I got a C in Maths, so no. I met my predicted grades by my teachers.
    If not, are you going to appeal?
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yes
    What decisions have you made about any further study? KCL/Panthéon-Sorbonne - Double Maîtrise
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? Very pleased
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Started my dissertations over the summer
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? My parents were banished out of the way while I opened them.
    What time did you find out your results? About 7.25
    Did you feel nervous? Hell yeah.
    How do you feel now after knowing? Excited, nervous, a whole mixture of things. Still nervous until I find out what my friends have got.

Loads of luck to everyone, especially if you haven't got yours yet.
    Well done ecossaise - good luck with the French Law!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Ducky And thanks Robbie! {hugs}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Duck)
    AdvH English A
    AdvH Maths A
    AdvH Physics A

Did you meet your predictions? Yup!
    If not, are you going to appeal? n/a
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yup!
    What decisions have you made about any further study? Er...
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? I got my predicted grades, this pleased me .
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Nope!
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? Parents?! Not likely. All on my lonesome as no-one else was awake.
    What time did you find out your results? 7:30am
    Did you feel nervous? Yup!
    How do you feel now after knowing? Can't stop smiling, but will smile MUCH wider when UCAS are good enough to update my tracker... :rolleyes:
    told you well done.

ReputationRep:
    Wow guys, just have to say a big fat well done :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalbeagle)
    Well done ecossaise - good luck with the French Law!!
    Thanks - fingers and toes crossed for you too!

ReputationRep:
    Right, I got back from Ghana yesterday but I was in hospital - I've had something and they're running tests - overnight. I got As in AH Pure Maths, Applied Maths and Physics (A1s if you're being particular, the school phoned to tell me) and an A(2!) in Higher Chemistry.

Did you meet your predictions? Yes.
    If not, are you going to appeal? N/A.
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer?
    Yes.
    What decisions have you made about any further study?
    Oxford, BA Maths and Philosophy
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results?
    Pleased. A bit miffed at Chem but it serves me right for doing basically nothing for it.
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
    Revised for Chemistry. Done another AH or something.
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
    For once, I did.
    What time did you find out your results?
    11ish? When I got off the plane in Glasgow.
    Did you feel nervous?
    No. I was really sick on the Ghana-London flight and I'd been sick for nearly a week; I was also heading pretty much straight to the hospital. So I was much more worried about that.
    How do you feel now after knowing?
    Sorted Want to know about everyone else too, but like the rest of you I'm waiting for them to call me.

Congratulations to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    yay! congrats {hugs mussed}

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone, I am mightily happy Also v impressed with all the clever people posting here, bit better than the national average I suspect :rolleyes:
    Brilliant results mussed, just hope you get better soon! Lots of celebrating to be done and foreign illnesses just get in the way
    And there's a question - does everyone here ask their teachers for their bands? If you've already got the grade you want, do you really have to know the details? (I ask every time, but I fear most people aren't as weak-willed and self-obsessed And getting jumped by happy teachers 'cos you've got a band 1 in THEIR subject doesn't count)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Duck)
    And there's a question - does everyone here ask their teachers for their bands? If you've already got the grade you want, do you really have to know the details? (I ask every time, but I fear most people aren't as weak-willed and self-obsessed And getting jumped by happy teachers 'cos you've got a band 1 in THEIR subject doesn't count)
    I've never asked to know my bands - I've really never felt any need to and plus, I don't believe that the difference between a band 1 or 2 proves that there's any greater knowledge of the subject. It says A on the certificate, I've got into the course I've wanted to do for so long - I'm happy.

Last year, I was doing my bit of dismissing finding out my bands at Higher, as everyone else rushed up to the office to find out, because I really didn't see the point. However, by the end of the first day, my teachers were pouncing on me to tell me and they couldn't believe I didn't already know. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That's a decent argument, I'll maybe try not to ask for the bands when I'm back in school next week, saying my last goodbyes Then again, I know they're 2's for English + Physics, I'd just have loved it if I'd pulled of a 1 in Maths :rolleyes:
    Btw, I got a letter from my 1st choice Uni this morning, confirming my place etc (which is great!) BUT I've still got nothing on the UCAS tracker site - SO if anyone else was a bit worried, panic not, it's just a dodgy system

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'll ask for bands or not. I think I would have heard if they were all 1s so I may only ask for one or two of them.

ReputationRep:
    I got:
    AH Biology - A
    AH Chemistry - B

Did you meet your predictions? I was predicted an A for chem and a fail for Biology! i hope i meet that arse of a biology teacher walkin down the street soon.
    If not, are you going to appeal? No need
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yup
    What decisions have you made about any further study? Going to study Vet Med at Glasgow
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? I'm into Uni
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? No
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I was the only one in the house
    What time did you find out your results? 12pm! Grr
    Did you feel nervous? Of course
    How do you feel now after knowing? Relieved and happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodooshaman)

Did you meet your predictions? I was predicted an A for chem and a fail for Biology! i hope i meet that arse of a biology teacher walkin down the street soon.
    Wahey! You tell him!

ReputationRep:
    What decisions have you made about any further study? Going to study Vet Med at Glasgow
    Congrats on results! I have a friend starting vet med at Glasgow, I could give you her email address? PM me

ReputationRep:
    I got- AdvH Chem at A
    Higher Human Biology at A
    Higher Psychology at B

Did you meet your predictions? Yes, except for psych as i was predicted an A.
    If not, are you going to appeal? I'll try an appeal for the psych since I got an A in the estimate.
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Had an unconditional luckily.
    What decisions have you made about any further study? Doing Psychology with French at St. A's.
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? Thought I'd get the A for Psych. but I'm over the moon about the AH Chem.
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Not really.
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I could look. :-)
    What time did you find out your results? When I woke up at 9.30am
    Did you feel nervous? Yes, I always worry.
    How do you feel now after knowing? Bring on university!

ReputationRep:
    I got:
    AH Biology - A
    AH Chemistry - B

If not, are you going to appeal? No need
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yup
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? I'm into Uni
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? No
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I was the only one in the house
    What time did you find out your results? 12pm! Grr
    Did you feel nervous? Of course
    How do you feel now after knowing? Relieved and happy

Well done!!! Thats great...its good to know someone has got in for the course Im (hopefully!) going to be doing! Ill find out next Thursday! AHH!

ReputationRep:
    AdvH Applied Maths A1
    AdvH Pure Maths A1
    AdvH Physics A1

Did you meet your predictions? Yup!
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? n/a
    What decisions have you made about any further study? Maybe apply somewhere fancy abroad, Germany perhaps...nah can't be arsed
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? 3As band 1s!! Couldn't really complain...although 'tis kind of an anti-climax if deep down you're sort of expecting it...
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Well I got the grades in the end but I suppose I wish I had worked out earlier that I could do it if I just put the effort in
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? No - had to open the envelope live on GMTV! (as mentioned by Hellsbells)
    What time did you find out your results? 8.30am
    Did you feel nervous? Surprisingly no - I was half asleep at the time and was fairly relaxed about what grades I would get

ReputationRep:
    Wahey! Tis smart girl Mega congrats. Can't believe you could be so calm on telly! I would never have the guts to do that

And ubercongrats to Marie as well! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Just back from holiday, , so only just got my results and can I say Im very happy with what I got. I thought I had failed them so getting a B in AH Music, C in AH maths and a C in re is really good. Ok I didnt get 5 A's - well 3 A's- but I thought I had totally mucked up music, Im ecstatic.

Oh and well done everyone. it deserves a big round of applause to you all.

Did you meet your predictions? Actually did better than I thought
    If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? I had already met the offer this was just extra.
    What decisions have you made about any further study? Well Im going to Glasgow uni!
    What made you pleased/disappointed about your results? I really did not do well in my keyboard exam and just thought this is it, I've failed - I did have re on the same day as my music pratical- as for maths I thought the papaer was hard and thought I had failed that as well. But l didnt fail them so yes I am very very pleased.
    Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Practice more for music, maybe start studying a bit earlier.
    Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? Just got back today and I opened them. It says do not bend, and yet the postman still managed to fit it in our letterbox, and yes the envelope was all ripped. So technically the postman opened them I just had to pull the out and look.
    What time did you find out your results? 6.30pm
    Did you feel nervous? No, I was in Alcudia at the time they came. I think I might have been lying on the beach at that point, the sun beating down on me. I'm not trying to rub it in lol :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Evil postman :eek: Congratulations {hugs}

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.